Team Branding, Name, Logo

The Dome, St. Louis, Missouri
jcestl
Running Back

Re: Team Branding, Name, Logo

Post by jcestl »

XFLSTLOUIS wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:18 pm Centaurs or Archers might be the two worst sports team names in sports history so very unlikely the XFL goes that route. Missouri is the national breeding and training center for the Clydesdales and that branding would be outstanding from s marketing perspective.
Well....that just proves Mike's (and others) point that no matter what, somebody's probably going to be disappointed with the team names when they are finally announced. I think Centaurs would be fantastic. I think there's a bunch of other great names for the StL team as well....Guardians, Sentinels, etc etc. I always thought Ironclads would be cool. There's really only been two names suggested that I can't stand: Clydesdales and Stallions. I think they both suck...but that's the point Mike was making. No matter what, probably someone won't like it. It's not going to affect me one way or the other what the StL team is called. I'm a homer - I'll root for them.
AND....there's a lot more important stuff. Like actually having a team in year two, just to mention one.
It would be nice to get the names though....so we can quit this pissing contest and get on to the football stuff
XFLSTLOUIS
Receiver

Post by XFLSTLOUIS »

The reality is a name like Centaurs has no connection to St Louis, most people do not even know what it is, it would be a horrible marketing brand and would remind people of XFL 1.0. This is exactly what the XFL needs to avoid at all cost. You have to select a name and logo and brand that would have a comprehensive marketing strategy to connect people emotionally to the team. The good news is that the St Louis team President has an outstanding background with brand marketing from his time with minor league baseball which may do the best job
Of creating logos and brand strategies for sports teams. I am confident that the XFL St Louis team will create a team name and brand strategy that will embrace the sports community.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I'm not following how Centaurs would remind people of the original XFL. What makes it different than Titans?

If Clydesdales will create a connection for the fans of St. Louis, I'm all for it. As an outsider, it sounds hackey. But whatever works.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
jcestl
Running Back

Post by jcestl »

Tank55 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:44 pm I'm not following how Centaurs would remind people of the original XFL. What makes it different than Titans?

If Clydesdales will create a connection for the fans of St. Louis, I'm all for it. As an outsider, it sounds hackey. But whatever works.
That's my point. I've lived in StL my whole life. The whole clydesdale thing has always annoyed me. That's me. Others obviously like the idea. Some people are sounding like their opinion is truth.......obviously it's not
TBinSTL
Rookie

Post by TBinSTL »

How about something that has Hawks in it?
jcestl
Running Back

Post by jcestl »

Say what you will about the name (it's growing on me actually). But the logo??? And the HELMET??? Homerun!!! By far the best in the league. Uniform is a bit plain....but the helmet is fantastic. I would have preferred silver. I think it reflects the Air Force image better and would have stood out better in the dim lights of the dome....but still...the helmet is great.
We win the helmet war!
Now....if we can win some games..........