Receiver

Team Name and Logo/Colors

Post by XFLSTLOUIS »

Stallions or Clydesdales!
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Team Name and Logo/Colors

Post by MikeMitchell »

The flag of St. Louis itself is Red with white, blue and yellow. So there are a lot of color options. Also on the flag is the Fleur-De-Lis.

If the team name has an A in it like Silverbacks, Archers, Guardians or Clydesdales. The A in the logo should be an Arch itself. Regardless the arch has to be a part of the team logo in some form.
Dome Head
Kicker

Post by Dome Head »

I've been thinking about branding a lot for the team. My fear is that the team is going to be "generic modern". Awful Division II style uniforms like the other League starting up this week end. And some bland name like Rock Cats or River Otters.

Clydesdales is a superb name. Easy to slide into 'Dales as a nickname. A logo could borrow from SMU, a stampeding horse silhouette - except with the added features of the Clydesdale.

There are other good names as well that would derive from the region - something akin to Brewers due to the past and ongoing beer production as well as something akin to Rivermen to specifically call back to the river trade. Also, something Explorer related given our Lewis and Clark history.

I also agree with the guy pointing out the city flag for color ideas. Rich primary colors look great. It may be a little hard to translate that to some of the logo ideas.

My big hope if for more of a throwback style uniform like the Packers or Steelers have rather than something Seahawks or Titans like.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Dome Head wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:39 pm I've been thinking about branding a lot for the team. My fear is that the team is going to be "generic modern". Awful Division II style uniforms like the other League starting up this week end. And some bland name like Rock Cats or River Otters.

Clydesdales is a superb name. Easy to slide into 'Dales as a nickname. A logo could borrow from SMU, a stampeding horse silhouette - except with the added features of the Clydesdale.

There are other good names as well that would derive from the region - something akin to Brewers due to the past and ongoing beer production as well as something akin to Rivermen to specifically call back to the river trade. Also, something Explorer related given our Lewis and Clark history.

I also agree with the guy pointing out the city flag for color ideas. Rich primary colors look great. It may be a little hard to translate that to some of the logo ideas.

My big hope if for more of a throwback style uniform like the Packers or Steelers have rather than something Seahawks or Titans like.
The AAF went with the bland-modern style, maybe the XFL will counter with some solid "old-school" uniforms.
Ready for the team reveals...again
Dome Head
Kicker

Post by Dome Head »

XFL_FAN wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:37 pm
Dome Head wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:39 pm I've been thinking about branding a lot for the team. My fear is that the team is going to be "generic modern". Awful Division II style uniforms like the other League starting up this week end. And some bland name like Rock Cats or River Otters.

The AAF went with the bland-modern style, maybe the XFL will counter with some solid "old-school" uniforms.
I hope it's something to this effect:
Attachments
Gerald-J-Ford-Stadium-SMU-Ready-to-take-the-Field-900x675.jpg
Gerald-J-Ford-Stadium-SMU-Ready-to-take-the-Field-900x675.jpg (93.04 KiB) Viewed 59492 times
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Dome Head wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:30 pm

Do you think purple/yellow or another color combination?
Ready for the team reveals...again
Dome Head
Kicker

Post by Dome Head »

XFL_FAN wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:28 pm
No, I think you stay away from that. The proposed NFL combo wasn't very attractive in the first place. One of the reasons they took a look at color schemes like that is the nature of having 30-32 teams in a league.

This is new. 8 teams. Red/White/Blue, a heavy staple, is on the table for anyone. Green/White or green/yellow.

I lean toward those STL flag colors. Maybe you take that SMU uni I showed, keep the white helmet and white pants and add a little yellow to the striping on the sleeves, pants, helmet.
Logofan
Kicker

Post by Logofan »

Dome Head wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:15 pm
XFL_FAN wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:28 pm

No, I think you stay away from that. The proposed NFL combo wasn't very attractive in the first place. One of the reasons they took a look at color schemes like that is the nature of having 30-32 teams in a league.

This is new. 8 teams. Red/White/Blue, a heavy staple, is on the table for anyone. Green/White or green/yellow.

I lean toward those STL flag colors. Maybe you take that SMU uni I showed, keep the white helmet and white pants and add a little yellow to the striping on the sleeves, pants, helmet.
The Stallions look was not polished and didn't look like it was ready for "prime time". NFL Properties were really pushing for new color combinations as were other leagues in the 90s. That said, I'm using the original XFL as a template for what we could possibly see, branding-wise. An 8-team league had 2 teams in purple, so it wouldn't surprise me to see purple again.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Outside of the Express. I don't like the AAF's uniforms. They look like Arena League rejects. I recently watched the AAF special on CBSSports Network. Those uniforms look worse in action than they do in pictures. The Stallions looks like a child's drawing of a Pegasus. I am not opposed to Green in a team's uniform but the Hotshots are a crazy looking clash of colors. The Legends look like a 1980's b movie team.
Last edited by MikeMitchell on Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Great post Dome Head. Hard to get behind a team named The Rock Cats. Even if Tim Tebow is playing QB.

Love the SMU idea. I think the color schemes/logos/uniforms should reflect the markets. Like Seattle is a progressive place, so they can afford to be a bit different or "edgy". I like places like New York and St.Louis to be more on the traditional side.