Quarterback

St Louis Battlehawks

Post by XFLGUY »

Badass name and logo. Love it.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Re: St Louis Battlehawks

Post by XFL_FAN »

XFLGUY wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:41 pm Badass name and logo. Love it.
I'm glad some people like it. Colors and logo are clean, but the name doesn't really hit home for me.
Ready for the team reveals...again
jcestl
Running Back

Post by jcestl »

ya....I think the logo is nice, but am having difficulty with the name. Sounds like a high school team at best...or little league. To me it seems obvious that someone from out of town came up with the idea. Got off a plane at Lambert...saw the old fighter jet on the way to the highway...said we gotta go with a fighter jet theme....and that was about it.
Even though less that 1/2 of 1% of St Louis is employed by Boeing, I'm not at all against using a fighter jet motif. It's tough, there are some local ties...it's a perfectly fine idea. but BattleHawks???
I thought....maybe that was a model of fighter I wasn't aware of. Nope. Somebody in CT thought it sounded badass or something and went for it. The local media is having a field day. I don't know anybody that likes the name. I'm glad some of you out there do...and I realize it's completely subjective....but it sounds very minor league. Like the Rascals or something.
Too close to Black Hawks.
I really don't think they consulted anybody from the St Louis area when they came up with this. Too bad.
Again, the idea of evoking fighter jet imagery is a perfectly valid idea.
Maybe they should have picked an actual McDonnell Douglas / Boeing plane. Maybe that would have sounded more "professional"
Like how about the F-4 Phantom? The St Louis Phantoms....the spirits of St Louis!
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

From that standpoint I agree, kind of comes like New York CityHawks of the late 90s AFL (who oddly enough became the Phantoms in Toronto before folding).

A good low-key name, and similar to what they ended up with: Battalions (which has an ROTC/FD connection).

This might take some time.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

The name is kind of growing on me. At first I was like what's a BattleHawk? It is what it is, I just hope it successful as a league and we see a growth as the season goes on as more people give it a chance and the XFL erases its 01 sink that it seems to have hovered by a lot of people media.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

The logo and color scheme are fantastic. The name sounds a little minor league but it's still pretty cool.

I can understand St. Louis sports fans feeling conflicted about a name being similar to Blackhawks but, I mean, it's a different name, different concept (Native American vs. actual animal), different colors, and different sport. I feel like it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
jcestl
Running Back

Post by jcestl »

Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy St Louis has football again. They will be my team. I've made my season ticket deposit. I will support my team. But the name is still dumb
The logo is good. The concept is solid. I'm not crazy about the Cowboys colors (grew up in the 70's/80's watching the Cardinals) but I can live with them, no problem
Doesn't change the fact that the name is dumb. Bush League, minor league, high school, little league...whatever
Just 'cause I think the name is bad ('cause it is) doesn't mean I'm not 100% behind the XFL and I hope it succeeds
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:30 pm The logo and color scheme are fantastic. The name sounds a little minor league but it's still pretty cool.

I can understand St. Louis sports fans feeling conflicted about a name being similar to Blackhawks but, I mean, it's a different name, different concept (Native American vs. actual animal), different colors, and different sport. I feel like it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
That part doesn't bother me because I don't see it as that close. Than again I see it as how you explained it different colors, sport and ext. Now if the name was on lets say a St. Louis minor league Hockey team, ok maybe I be conflicted, even if as you said Native American vs Animal.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

Something tells me these guys get more commonly known as the 'hawks.
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
The One
Rookie

Post by The One »

I kinda like the name. Not being from STL but I can see everyone’s dislike of it. Look at it this way though, they could have named them the Gateways and then everyone would be ticked. Battlehawks at least sounds aggressive which is what I wanted. I will drive the 4 hours from KC to watch a game or two.