XFL New York: 5 names that would be awesome for the upcoming team

MetLife Stadium, New York, New York
Andibald
Head Coach

Re: XFL New York: 5 names that would be awesome for the upcoming team

Post by Andibald »

I don't think "Empire" will be the name as the Arena Football League has the Albany Empire

http://thealbanyempire.com/home/
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Well I was all for it but you what? It's taken. There is an AUDL Ultimate Frisbee team called "New York Empire".....so scratch it. Pro Frisbee......really? What'll they come up with next? Professional Nerfball?

Gee.....I wonder what a Frisbee player makes? I could do that.......and there's women players..... and head coaches...... a frisbee coach :lol: :lol: :lol: .......and they have taxi squads. And Seattle has a team TOO. And they even won the AUDL championship in 2015 I believe. It must've been a well guarded secret.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

And since "Empire" is out.......here is my latest entry....the "New York Agents"
IMG_20190404_190646.jpg
IMG_20190404_190646.jpg (147.72 KiB) Viewed 41007 times
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

Odd are this won’t see tomorrow...They’ll probably just give it a number, and take away your name....

(Lol, Johnny Rivers,1966)
Dynamofan1

Post by Dynamofan1 »

They have said several times there will be no gimmicks this time. I hope that applies to the names. Sorry, but these names listed suck. I pray for traditional mascots not silly ones like Hitmen.
New York Knights
Washington Sentinels
Tampa Bay Sharks
Dallas Outlaws
Houston Renegades
Los Angeles Stars
Seattle Tallons
Jerseyknight458
Kicker

Post by Jerseyknight458 »

As much as I would love the New York Knights to be used it's been used a lot so I've been trying to think up something that wouldn't be overkill.....I thought about a play on words like the New York Nights (the city that never sleeps) or the skyline but the name that keeps calling my name is the new york fire as in passion or hunger to succeed....whatever name they choose I'm a faithful XFL New York fan.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Jerseyknight458 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:19 am As much as I would love the New York Knights to be used it's been used a lot so I've been trying to think up something that wouldn't be overkill.....I thought about a play on words like the New York Nights (the city that never sleeps) or the skyline but the name that keeps calling my name is the new york fire as in passion or hunger to succeed....whatever name they choose I'm a faithful XFL New York fan.
New York Nighthawks could have a double meaning. Ties in to the city that never sleeps mantra. I suppose Skyliners is a potential name as well.

New York tends to lean towards something to do with toughness and grit. This could be one of the teams that gets a non plural name.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

A new corporate design for the "New York Agents" brought to you by New York Life Insurance........

IMG_20190511_155541.jpg
IMG_20190511_155541.jpg (63.48 KiB) Viewed 40848 times
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

Dome Head wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:22 pm Personally, I think the XFL shouldn't entirely shun its brief history.

The fact that the name can come back is because there is some recognition to it - the unique nature of the League.

My advice would be to strip away the dated and the stuff that didn't work but keep some notes so that it retains a bit of its history.

Names like the "Rage" and Maniax" and "Extreme" are extremely dated.

But Hitmen is great, classic and tough and fits the area. The logos were simple and sharp too.

I'd advise keeping this one the way it was.
Personally I think that Houston should just take over the Las Vegas Outlaws colors, name, logo, etc. Still probably the best secondary pro football league jerseys I've ever seen, although the Memphis Express had great ones as well.
St. Louis Battlehawks
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

XFLInSTL wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:08 pm
Dome Head wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:22 pm Personally, I think the XFL shouldn't entirely shun its brief history.

The fact that the name can come back is because there is some recognition to it - the unique nature of the League.

My advice would be to strip away the dated and the stuff that didn't work but keep some notes so that it retains a bit of its history.

Names like the "Rage" and Maniax" and "Extreme" are extremely dated.

But Hitmen is great, classic and tough and fits the area. The logos were simple and sharp too.

I'd advise keeping this one the way it was.
Personally I think that Houston should just take over the Las Vegas Outlaws colors, name, logo, etc.
Agree 110%! Bring in Manziel with a June Jones offense...Oh man!!!