Random thoughts on first home game

Dignity Health Sports Park, Los Angeles, California.
OverlayRC
Kicker

Random thoughts on first home game

Post by OverlayRC »

Went to the Wildcats game yesterday and had a great time. Here are a few quick thoughts of mine:

PARKING AND TAILGATING
Great time and good vibes all around. We arrived around 8:45 a.m. and were able to park anywhere we wished. By game time, Lots 10-12 were completely full. Grills, cigars, booze, and footballs were free-flowing and everyone was excited. Only negative was the lack of restrooms – each lot would benefit from half a dozen portables.

ENTRANCE AND E-TICKETS
Lines looked long but took 5-10 minutes max to get in. XFL app is great.

SEATING AND IN-STADIUM VIBE
- We had endzone seats in the glaring sun, but after the first quarter we were able to find some comfortable spots in the shade.
- Lots of families and excited youngsters
- It was good of the stadium crew to go over the rules throughout the game so the new fans can get acclimated to the game

MERCH BOOTHS
- Left a lot to be desired here. The line for merch snaked 20+ deep and was slow moving. I purposely didn’t wear a hat to the game so I could get one there but no chance we were going to wait that long. Just ordered one on XFL.com this morning instead. Not a huge deal overall but slightly annoying.

BOOZE
- This was the big negative of the day. We were told leading up the most expensive beer would be in the $7 dollar range – thought it may have been too good to be true -- but I was still thrown for a loop when the vendor told me $16. Not sure where the disconnect was regarding concession pricing.

CONCLUSION
Fun day all around. Attendance was around 15k, would have liked to see a bit more but the crowd seemed into the game and loud when the game dictated. Looking forward to next week’s game – DC might mop the floor with the Wildcats if they don’t show any improvement. Nevertheless, the game went down to the wire and LA was tough until the end. Let’s enjoy Nelson Spruce while we can – he’ll be playing in the big leagues next season for sure. On to Week 3!
I hope I break even today; I can sure use the money.
Sacramento XFL
Receiver

Re: Random thoughts on first home game

Post by Sacramento XFL »

Thanks for your post. Sounds like a good time (they always get you on the beers, lol). Anyway, I feel pretty good about this team. Week 2 was an exciting game. Josh Johnson looked good. I actually am predicting a really close game with the Defenders.
jjnova
Running Back

Post by jjnova »

Wow. $16 for a beer? That makes my Minor League Baseball season tickets seem worth it. Alcohol is included in them.
Raising heck...
OverlayRC
Kicker

Post by OverlayRC »

jjnova wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:44 am Wow. $16 for a beer? That makes my Minor League Baseball season tickets seem worth it. Alcohol is included in them.
Yeah my ticket rep was angry too when I told him about the prices, since he had been using cheap prices as a selling point to prospective buyers.

Seems the things that are annoying fans the most (parking issues and high beer/concession prices) fall mainly under the stadium operator (AEG) and not the Wildcats, but I'm not sure how much the Wildcats and XFL can do, if anything, to change and improve them.
I hope I break even today; I can sure use the money.