Cats Draft Day 1 Recap

Dignity Health Sports Park, Los Angeles, California.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Cats Draft Day 1 Recap

Post by XtremeFanForever »

I'm not blown away by our haul but think we did reasonably well. I like the tackles we came away with (Norton, Pope, Robinson), not as confident in the interior linemen but we at least seem to have some good versatility. Seems like Mama will go into camp as the starting center.

I think WR core looks pretty good between Ross, Spruce, and Cannon. Between that and the tackles we've given Perez some nice help to work with. Offense will pretty much go as far as he can take us (so, who knows).

Defense I'm not as sure, but I trust Moss knows what he's doing. Went light on the LBs, but Adrian Hubbard could step into that role.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
XFL_FAN
Coach

Re: Cats Draft Day 1 Recap

Post by XFL_FAN »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:02 pm I'm not blown away by our haul but think we did reasonably well. I like the tackles we came away with (Norton, Pope, Robinson), not as confident in the interior linemen but we at least seem to have some good versatility. Seems like Mama will go into camp as the starting center.

I think WR core looks pretty good between Ross, Spruce, and Cannon. Between that and the tackles we've given Perez some nice help to work with. Offense will pretty much go as far as he can take us (so, who knows).

Defense I'm not as sure, but I trust Moss knows what he's doing. Went light on the LBs, but Adrian Hubbard could step into that role.
Today the Cats put a huge emphasis on CB's. Hopefully our safeties will be good enough to carry their load or else our defense will be bad. Pretty confident in our offense though, I think it's the strong suit of the team. O line is top notch, best receiver in the league in Rashad Ross (I'm not bias lol), a solid back in Elijah Hood and a stud QB in Luis Perez. Not to mention one of the best OC's in the league in Norm Chow. The sky's the limit for this team IMO. I can't wait for the schedule to come out!
Ready for the team reveals...again
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

XFL_FAN wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:40 pm
XtremeFanForever wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:02 pm I'm not blown away by our haul but think we did reasonably well. I like the tackles we came away with (Norton, Pope, Robinson), not as confident in the interior linemen but we at least seem to have some good versatility. Seems like Mama will go into camp as the starting center.

Today the Cats put a huge emphasis on CB's. Hopefully our safeties will be good enough to carry their load or else our defense will be bad. Pretty confident in our offense though, I think it's the strong suit of the team. O line is top notch, best receiver in the league in Rashad Ross (I'm not bias lol), a solid back in Elijah Hood and a stud QB in Luis Perez. Not to mention one of the best OC's in the league in Norm Chow. The sky's the limit for this team IMO. I can't wait for the schedule to come out!
To be honest I didn't watch much of Perez in the AAF so I'm not sure what to think of him, but seems like there's a lot of untapped potential there. Hopefully Chow will work his magic.

I was trying to put together a starting lineup last night (sans DBs). Honestly had a hard time settling on who would be the starting wideouts. As I said before, I think we've given Perez all the weapons he'll need to succeed, the rest will be up to him.

I think we've done a good job of addressing the edge rush on the defensive side. Looks like they did list Hubbard as an LB, so I'd imagine we have our starting front seven just about in place (barring any surprises in camp).

I'd have to take a closer look at the other teams (still jealous DC got Jones AND Jackson) to really know how we stack up but I'm pretty satisfied with things right now.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:46 pm
XFL_FAN wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:40 pm

To be honest I didn't watch much of Perez in the AAF so I'm not sure what to think of him, but seems like there's a lot of untapped potential there. Hopefully Chow will work his magic.

I was trying to put together a starting lineup last night (sans DBs). Honestly had a hard time settling on who would be the starting wideouts. As I said before, I think we've given Perez all the weapons he'll need to succeed, the rest will be up to him.

I think we've done a good job of addressing the edge rush on the defensive side. Looks like they did list Hubbard as an LB, so I'd imagine we have our starting front seven just about in place (barring any surprises in camp).

I'd have to take a closer look at the other teams (still jealous DC got Jones AND Jackson) to really know how we stack up but I'm pretty satisfied with things right now.
Well now we have Oakman which is nice. We have a nice kicker in Nick Novak too. We only have 2 QBs right now. Luis Perez and Taryn Christon. Gotta believe we'll get our backup in the supplemental draft.
Ready for the team reveals...again