Renegades Won't Sign Or Draft Johnny Manziel

Choctaw Stadium, Arlington, Texas.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Renegades Won't Sign Or Draft Johnny Manziel

Post by XFL_FAN »

I know that it's pretty obvious that the Gades are gonna get Landry Jones, but in case things go wrong for them, they are against Johnny Manziel:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/23/dall ... t-signing/

Quote from the Moose himself:
For me the chemistry in the locker room is critical, and especially the quarterback position. He kind of sets the tone, especially for the offensive side of the ball, but really for the whole team. There is so much added responsibility that goes with the face, goes with the voice of the franchise. And I haven’t seen that from Johnny on a consistent basis that I would feel comfortable committing to him.
Ready for the team reveals...again
Tank55
MVP

Re: Renegades Won't Sign Or Draft Johnny Manziel

Post by Tank55 »

No surprise; Johnston passed on him in the AAF. Credit to Moose for taking team-building seriously.

There's a very real possibility Manziel enters the draft pool rather than getting a Tier 1 contract, so even if Dallas does get Jones, it's still a decision they could face.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

As I said yesterday, you'd have an OU/TAMU Cotton Bowl deal and go from there. Although it would be hilarious if Brandon Silvers ended up with Houston and JM be like "AGAIN?!" :roll: :P :?: :!:
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

I will wait until after they play each other to comment. :lol:
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

Oh look, Moose Johnson just gave billboard material to unite a team that hasn't even been created yet.

Have fun kicking the crap out of Dallas whoever you are!!
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

I've long been tired of all the articles I've seen saying the league NEEDS Tebow, Kaepernick, and Manziel. For what? Credibility? And there's another today where Johnston feels like he has to offer a reason......no reason needed. Just play the same tape everyone else has. Those guys are for attracting casual viewers just so they'll watch once.....see the carnival.....then leave assuming the carnival will leave too. All you need is good football......already have a cool look.
Mygirlblue
Linebacker

Post by Mygirlblue »

What about some players out of Texas colleges that played ball, other just QB? Texas A&M, TCU, Texas, others. Some WR's were in this past years draft, Kyrion Parker, Andre Petties-Wilson, Jalyn Judakins I think got an invite to the XFL, Carlos Thompson, other positions too, I'm a lover of offense.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Sounder wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:51 pm I've long been tired of all the articles I've seen saying the league NEEDS Tebow, Kaepernick, and Manziel. For what? Credibility? And there's another today where Johnston feels like he has to offer a reason......no reason needed. Just play the same tape everyone else has. Those guys are for attracting casual viewers just so they'll watch once.....see the carnival.....then leave assuming the carnival will leave too. All you need is good football......already have a cool look.
The point I was making in the 'big names' thread. There is an argument to be made for 'Come for the name stay for the game' theory but the AAF disproved that, and unlike the original X they were still doing well enough for TNT to use as NBA/NCAA lead-in (as well as a CBS spot that never happened). Their problem was literally a foundation of wet paper.

AAF made in many ways the most headway of a secondary league. The AFL (NBC/ESPN2.0 eras) had the best set up. The goal is to combine the two.