Game thread: Houston Roughnecks at St. Louis Battlehawks, Sat May 4, 3:00 PM ET, FOX

United Football League (2024) Discussion
laxtreme56
Coach

Re: Attendance: Houston Roughnecks at St. Louis Battlehawks, Sat May 4, 3:00 PM ET, FOX

Post by laxtreme56 »

4th&long wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:54 pm

>> The official attendance figure for Week 6’s #UFL game between the Houston Roughnecks and St. Louis Battlehawks at The Dome at America’s Center is 32,969. <<

Tix sold?

Most likely, although it looked quite a bit better than their last game at 31k. Much less big chunks of red seats in the lower level and nice crowd upstairs.
​​​​
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Game thread: Houston Roughnecks at St. Louis Battlehawks, Sat May 4, 3:00 PM ET, FOX

Post by GregParks »

So the broadcast just ignored Mark Thompson almost coming to blows on the sideline with a teammate, to the point that CJ had to get involved? They were talking to Pereira when it was shown on-camera but no one, not the announcers or sideline reporters, addressed it afterward. Bizarre.

Speaking of sideline reporters, I think Devin Gardner is one of the best - he asks actual probing questions instead of the useless "what did you see?"-type questions we get from 75% of them. 
@gregmparks
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Game thread: Houston Roughnecks at St. Louis Battlehawks, Sat May 4, 3:00 PM ET, FOX

Post by MarkNelson »

GregParks wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:38 pm So the broadcast just ignored Mark Thompson almost coming to blows on the sideline with a teammate, to the point that CJ had to get involved? They were talking to Pereira when it was shown on-camera but no one, not the announcers or sideline reporters, addressed it afterward. Bizarre.

I saw that and I was waiting for a further explanation, and nada. 
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers