UFL Should Target College Students

United Football League (2024) Discussion
mciver40
Kicker

UFL Should Target College Students

Post by mciver40 »

I've seen many people talk about how the UFL missed with overpricing of tickets in some cities. We've seen them try to mitigate somewhat with discounted tickets. I think one demographic they've been really missing on is College Students. I have seen them do it in a couple places for a weekend. But I'm thinking making this an all season thing. 3 of the teams play in college stadiums; Houston, Birmingham, and Memphis. While other cities have major universities in their city/nearby. Here is colleges in each city and enrollment numbers.
Houston: Rice University (8,000), University of Houston (40,000)
Birmingham: UAB (22,000)
Memphis: University of Memphis (20,000)
Arlington: UT Arlington (40,000), Dallas: TCU (10,000), SMU (12,000)
San Antonio: UTSA (35,000)
DC, Detroit, and St. Louis have some smaller schools, but STL and DC don't need as much help with attendance.
I would like to see maybe some ticket packages geared towards students at these schools.  Maybe like $10 tickets that come with a drink and food item or $8 tickets, get them in the building and make money on concession sales. Either way I think this would be another way to get butts in the seats that would otherwise be empty, especially at schools where teams are playing on their campus. If not this year, maybe make that a target for next year.