LP TRADE WATCH

United Football League (2024) Discussion
MGB01
MVP

LP TRADE WATCH

Post by MGB01 »

OK for the second straight year the "King of Spring" is on an 0-4 team with few and far signs of life. Time to get the bags packed again? Who's this year's Arlington (treading around 500 with no real QB answer)? Let's run through it.

Memphis: Easy answer here with Cookus literally hanging on for dear life, and the Boats are winning nothing with Troy Williams. That said, the very reason Cookus is in peril is also a good part of the reason LP has contributed to the Renegades' struggles. Unless you fix things up front (i.e. the Boats OL has at least a regression back to good enough), you're fixing nothing. On paper, done. Actual likelihood of this? Near zero.

San Antonio: I wouldn't say Dormady blew anyone away his first time out (thanks to the Kai Nacua ET-centerfield-pick) but definitely didn't blow. He looked like he had plenty of command. That opening drive throw to Smith was excellent. Pass.

DC: JT is piddling along at a woeful completion rate because of the WR downgrade, and it isn't something a QB swap will fix. In fact if it picks up as I expect then such a move is almost pointless. Next.

Michigan: Why would the Panthers need to trade for Perez when they have almost their own KOS in Perry? Not.

Houston: You might actually have the makings of a decent offense with Thompson back and Sinnett gaining confidence from the time he went in vs DC. Only an injury to Sinnett w(sh)ould make this a consideration. Leaning no.

St. Louis: Barring A.J. McCarron getting RKO'd by the Lou's own Randall Keith Orton, Jim Mora could probably put it better than I could (you kiddin' me?!)

Birmingham: A return to the Magic City? Holtz would probably be for it, as he's been correct that Martinez is your classic athlete QB that isn't really a multi-game solution (or even one), and Mt. Corral could blow up at any time. I'd give this the best shot of the seven.

So back to B-ham with the Stallions gunning for a three-peat or stay put and basically have to win out for the Renegades to get back in the playoffs is what we have here. Anyone else wanna take a stab at it?