Why are the Renegades, Panthers, and the Showboats having such a hard time getting people to attend games?

United Football League (2024) Discussion
4th&long
MVP

Re: Why are the Panthers and the showboats having such a hard time getting people to attend games?

Post by 4th&long »

XFLUSFLGUY wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:13 am I think SA is a perfect example of what I was trying to say. As someone who lives in SA, The level of fandom and interest and people showing up for the Brahmas just isn’t the same as it was for the Commanders and I think a lot of that is because of the hurt feelings over how the AAF season ended. The way the team was just ripped away after gaining that support I think is a major contributor to the attendance numbers being what they are now. I’m in no way saying it’s impossible for those numbers to return with the Brahmas, but I think in general, people are tired of being burned and just aren’t as willing to put their money out there for something they aren’t confident will be around. Hopefully sooner, rather than later, people will start to make the decision to jump off the fence and have hope and faith that it will, and will come out and support their teams.

Perhaps its the Team name... Brahams LOL - its not exactly a household word.

Seriously - The tickets for XFL are not cheap at all, perhaps AAF was less expensive.  SA still has strong potential and Easter Sunday may not be the best barometer.
Don't discount inflation on spending - its hitting discretionary purchases.   Plus the promotion and market reach is not the same practicing in a hub vs in market like XFL 2020 or partial for USFL 2023.  And the short window for the merged league. 

Overall things are going well net net.   Its year 2 and Wade has them competitive though I'm taking BH this week.

XFLUSFLGUY
Running Back

Re: Why are the Panthers and the showboats having such a hard time getting people to attend games?

Post by XFLUSFLGUY »

Guess Arlington has to be added to the list now too. I think the attendance listed by Mike Mitchell was 8k and some change for today’s game. On tv it appeared as though there were only about 70 people there. 
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

Some guy at the game on Reddit estimated around 5-6k through the gates when all was said and done, probably about right. The league needs to conduct some market research on fans coming to these games. What did they like/dislike most about their experience? What changes can be made to the product? Will any of it ever matter to the NFL only fans? 
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:06 pm Some guy at the game on Reddit estimated around 5-6k through the gates when all was said and done, probably about right. The league needs to conduct some market research on fans coming to these games. What did they like/dislike most about their experience? What changes can be made to the product? Will any of it ever matter to the NFL only fans? 
Look at the ticket prices.  They are too much for non-NFL pro FB.  Even in a lucrative large market like AR.

This is a league issue.  DC and StL may be able to handle it but they need to adjust in other cities, if they want 15k plus in Houston / AR and 10k + in Birm/Mem

Sh#tting the bed in epic fashion isn't going to help sales either.

https://www.theufl.com/teams/arlington/ ... on-tickets
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

Fair weather fans. They don’t care about FB like the league thinks they do 
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Coffeeeyes wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:28 pm Fair weather fans. They don’t care about FB like the league thinks they do 
Its alot of money for 2-4 tickets at $85 a pop.   This is not NFL  these tickets should be half that.  Costs are up and disposal income is stretch.

DC and StL and SA may get it. But AR is competing against the playoff cowboys, WS champs Rangers, Stars and Mavs
XFLUSFLGUY
Running Back

Re: Why are the Renegades, Panthers, and the Showboats having such a hard time getting people to attend games?

Post by XFLUSFLGUY »

Oklahoma Renegades has a nice ring to it. Move them there next season and Start another edition of the red river rivalry with the Roughnecks and the Brahmas.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Why are the Renegades, Panthers, and the Showboats having such a hard time getting people to attend games?

Post by 4th&long »

XFLUSFLGUY wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:15 pm Oklahoma Renegades has a nice ring to it. Move them there next season and Start another edition of the red river rivalry with the Roughnecks and the Brahmas.
They are not leaving the top 5 Dallas TV market for small OKC.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

If any team relocates after this season, I think I’m honestly done. If the league can’t have patience to give a team 3-5 years to catch on, then why should I care at that point. Say what you want about MLS, but Robert Kraft, Lamar Hunt, and AEG dug in and kept fighting even after MLS lost $250M its first 5 years. Nearly 30 years later and they’ve only had 3 teams ever fold, and they’ve returned to 2 out of 3 locations since.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:22 pm If any team relocates after this season, I think I’m honestly done. If the league can’t have patience to give a team 3-5 years to catch on, then why should I care at that point. Say what you want about MLS, but Robert Kraft, Lamar Hunt, and AEG dug in and kept fighting even after MLS lost $250M its first 5 years. Nearly 30 years later and they’ve only had 3 teams ever fold, and they’ve returned to 2 out of 3 locations since.
$250mm that long ago !  Wow that is huge $$$

I don't see them moving at all in 2025