UFL Schedule

United Football League (2024) Discussion
Joker
Quarterback

UFL Schedule

Post by Joker »

Other than the first game being the Stallions and Renegades the UFL must be close to putting out a schedule. Any word on that?
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
Rmbay
Running Back

Re: UFL Schedule

Post by Rmbay »

According to Russ Brandon, it should be released around the middle of the month, so I imagine it should be out in the next week or two unless they hit a snag.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I'll go in for XFL vs. USFL week one. Edited version.

Birmingham @ Arlington, 3:00 FOX 3/30

The champs bowl is on FOX as a lead in to a rather underwhelming MLB slate (neither Rangers nor Ohtani). Maybe the latter was by design.

DC @ Michigan, 8:00 ESPN 3/30

Playing off the Lions' success and putting the XFL's best regular season team seems like a no-brainer combo. ESPN gets two this week.

Houston @ SA, 3:00 ESPN 3/31

Unlike with FOX, ESPN has Ohtani for SNB so the Texas Bowl part one in another solid atmosphere is the lead in.

StL @ Memphis, TBA FS1 3/31

Could be at noon, though pre-noon local starts are always pushing it, especially in an alt league.

The good thing is all eight teams have, or are at least starting to have, some degree of a following, which was evident in the reverse four years ago (see Wildcats/Guardians game thread). So each of the four pairings have something behind it. Ultimately you'd like to spread everything out but we don't have that luxury, you need to go boom-boom-boom from day one, so here you go.
Last edited by MGB01 on Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:08 am I'll go in for XFL vs. USFL week one. Now whether it's XFL @ USFL or a mix of the two is something different altogether, but here goes:

Arlington @ Birmingham, 3:00 ABC 3/30

ABC gets it with this spot having been kept open for the XFL, the NHL in primetime, and the women's champ game Sun. FOX will have first Sat MLB, whether they have the same setup as last year with some afternoon telecasts to start before going to primetime hasn't been decided yet, but I'll go that they follow MLB with primetime UFL. Also ABC doing an alt league game in Birmingham 40 years after they opened the USFL's second season will be noteworthy.

DC @ Michigan, 8:00 FOX 3/30

Playing off the Lions' success and putting the XFL's best regular season team seems like a no-brainer combo. Plus FOX clears their NASCAR race Sunday

SA @ Houston, 3:00 ESPN 3/31

I would have given the Roughnecks two road games to start the year but this being the 50th anniversary of Super Bowl VIII (@ Rice) changes it. Plus (as I expect with FOX, only in the reverse) ESPN goes full-bore with Ohtani-mania and uses the UFL as a lead-in.

StL @ Memphis, 7:00 FS1 3/31

XFL @ USFL it is, although the downside is Sunday night is bound to be both a ratings and attendance crusher, especially with a historically questionable Memphis market. So maybe have this one at noon?

The good thing is all eight teams have, or are at least starting to have, some degree of a following, which was evident in the reverse four years ago (see Wildcats/Guardians game thread). So each of the four pairings have something behind it. Ultimately you'd like to spread everything out but we don't have that luxury, you need to go boom-boom-boom from day one, so here you go.
The Arlington/Birm game will be in AR - thats been noted by insiders and confirmed by Skip Holtz in one of his interviews. Agreed it should be on ABC and possibly multi networks.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

See above
Last edited by MGB01 on Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I must have missed where Stallions/Renegades was set for Arlington (I think it'd be better in B-ham not only schedule-wise but for attendance and TV) but this could be a party, not too unlike what Michigan could have if they host DC. Not just the champs bowl, but you got Victor Bolden coming back, having won in both leagues; and now his brother's coming to UT, maybe he'll stop by (depending on their spring ball sked).
jcestl
Running Back

Post by jcestl »

I'm thinking:
Birm @ Arl
StL @ Mem
Hou @ SA
DC @ MI
Seems that Arlington is slated to host week 1 and since Battledome isn't available week 1 I like this schedule. As regional as possible and evenly split between USFL and XFL venues
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:17 pm I must have missed where Stallions/Renegades was set for Arlington (I think it'd be better in B-ham not only schedule-wise but for attendance and TV)
I think Arlington’s mayor posted on “X” about it.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

FOX extremely low-key released their MLB sked last week, which has them with a prime time slot for first Sat. So the champs bowl it is. Underwhelming too on the MLB side, neither game is Rangers (defending champs) or Ohtani, but on the flip side no potential mess of the Renegades and Rangers at the same time. Maybe it gets the Super Sports Day treatment.

Wonder what this does for the rest of week one. Maybe DC/Mich on ESPN? I went back and edited both posts to reflect it.
4th&long
MVP

Fox/ESPN MLB TV sch - where UFL can fit

Post by 4th&long »

https://foxsports-wordpress-www-prsuppo ... ule_24.pdf

Yep March 30 Saturday 7pm MLB puts Fox/UFL where on opening w/e?

And the next Fox Saturday MLB game is May 4th

And here's ESPN SNB schedule

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-rele ... s-rematch/