United Football League (2024) Discussion
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: Dispersal draft

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GregParks wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:41 pm
Coffeeeyes wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:26 pm
GregParks wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:24 pm
I can't even find a trade that Arlington and San Antonio made with one another let alone one that involved a draft pick. Strange.
That’s why I said lol. It’s not a fact whatsoever and is really making me and other SA fans upset that we are getting screwed intentionally by the leavue
I asked Mike Mitchell for clarification. He said the trade happened during the College Draft in June and the pick Arlington traded for - and that was used here - was supposed to apply to the November XFL Draft that was tentatively scheduled before the merger took place and the draft was scrapped.
So what happens if there's a trade involving teams that no longer exist? Does the trade just get erased or something?
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:13 pm

That’s why I said lol. It’s not a fact whatsoever and is really making me and other SA fans upset that we are getting screwed intentionally by the leavue
I asked Mike Mitchell for clarification. He said the trade happened during the College Draft in June and the pick Arlington traded for - and that was used here - was supposed to apply to the November XFL Draft that was tentatively scheduled before the merger took place and the draft was scrapped.
So what happens if there's a trade involving teams that no longer exist? Does the trade just get erased or something?
I would assume so. I'm not sure what else logically could be done.
@gregmparks
MegaTronUFL
Kicker

Post by MegaTronUFL »

Coffeeeyes wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:58 pm I think the excuse that the Renegades have the first pick due to a trade earlier in the season (lol) is so bogus it’s unbelievable. League trying to prop up a team that didn’t realistically deserve to be in that championship game.

I am salty though cause the Brahmas should have drafted Scott. Graduate of a college in San Antonio and an Incarnate Word legend. Talk about being unable to appeal to your home market lmao
Reminds me of the old WWF phantom title wins in Brazil … where no footage was ever shown lol
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Chris Blewitt is a better kicker in Spring football than he was in the NFL because once he missed kicks in the NFL, he became a meme and a joke.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

I'm updating my post on page two of this thread with the teams and players reportedly drafted, as more information comes through via social media. So check that throughout the weekend if you want to keep up with the player movement.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Surprised DC didn't get a QB as they only have one on the roster (as I don't think D'Eriq King comes back)
Rmbay
Running Back

Post by Rmbay »

GregParks wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:24 pm
I can't even find a trade that Arlington and San Antonio made with one another let alone one that involved a draft pick. Strange.
Thanks for the clarification. I was less curious about when the trade took place as I was how you could trade picks in a draft that didn't exist at the time.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:33 am Chris Blewitt is a better kicker in Spring football than he was in the NFL because once he missed kicks in the NFL, he became a meme and a joke.
So he lives up to his name

Oddly enough he was one of the guys the Bears had in during the spring of 2019 coming off the Cody Parkey double-doink
4th&long
MVP

SI-FN:

Post by 4th&long »

Similar to GP but this link looks to be getting updated. Glad they are at least reporting on it.

https://www.si.com/fannation/ufl/news/u ... fl-players

>> This is a partial and unofficial list of players selected gathered through league sources, and will be updated as more info becomes available: <<

Check the link. D Victor to Showboats along with Case Cookus and Reuben Foster to Houston, stood out to me. This is going to be a great UFL season level of play wise.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

@gregmparks