MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Tony Softli to be be named Seattle’s Director of Player Personnel

Post by MikeMitchell »

GDAWG wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:20 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:13 pm
GDAWG wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:57 am

Unsurprisingly, one of the reactions on Twitter is "how about a team name?"
The trouble maker in me wants to troll fans and report that the XFL has decided to go without team nicknames. Every XFL team will just have the city they play in on their jerseys. League will only announce team colors.
Those people really don't care about who gets hired on the various staffs. As soon as June Jones was hired people are like "good, so now can we get team colors and names?" They are starting to get a bit impatient.
So my guess is that they probably won’t care about these two hires by Seattle Team President Ryan Gustafson either.

https://xfl2k.com/news/ryan-gustafson-m ... l-seattle/

Picking names and colors and trademarking is not an easy process. It takes time. Fans don’t know that.

Everyone was impatient about the cities being revealed. Then they were impatient with the tv deal. They were impatient with the Head Coach/GM hires.

As soon as the team names are revealed. It will be on to “Where are the uniforms?”.... Reveal them already!

I understand. I can’t wait for the team names myself. We are not waiting till September like we did with the AAF.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MikeMitchell wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:02 pm
GDAWG wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:20 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:13 pm

The trouble maker in me wants to troll fans and report that the XFL has decided to go without team nicknames. Every XFL team will just have the city they play in on their jerseys. League will only announce team colors.
Those people really don't care about who gets hired on the various staffs. As soon as June Jones was hired people are like "good, so now can we get team colors and names?" They are starting to get a bit impatient.
So my guess is that they probably won’t care about these two hires by Seattle Team President Ryan Gustafson either.

https://xfl2k.com/news/ryan-gustafson-m ... l-seattle/

Picking names and colors and trademarking is not an easy process. It takes time. Fans don’t know that.

Everyone was impatient about the cities being revealed. Then they were impatient with the tv deal. They were impatient with the Head Coach/GM hires.

As soon as the team names are revealed. It will be on to “Where are the uniforms?”.... Reveal them already!

I understand. I can’t wait for the team names myself. We are not waiting till September like we did with the AAF.
Honestly, I do think we will have team names and colors revealed by the time NFL training camps start in the last week of July.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

You wanna get your brand out there while the opportunity exists .....and that's now. You can use the summer to get merchandise out there in league cities so fans can notice and maybe develop a general awareness of it and maybe embrace it. Once NFL begins,. everything here is Seahawks.....they matter.......right now, a generic alternate brand doesn't. The Mariners are giving us the usual nothing so we're bored man ..... get me some XFL gear.