List of AAF players invited to The XFL’s Summer Showcases

XFL Football discussion.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

List of AAF players invited to The XFL’s Summer Showcases

Post by MikeMitchell »

This list will grow as we get closer to June. Thus far, I have compiled a list of confirmed invites for former AAF players.

There are now 45 AAF players, that I know of, who have received invites. That list will grow. Most of the names have not been made public and not all of them will. I will update this as info becomes available.

Phillip Nelson- QB- San Diego Fleet
Dontez Byrd- WR- Memphis Express
Gelen Robinson- DL- San Diego Fleet
De’Veon Smith- RB- Orlando Apollos
Chris Martin- OL- Orlando Apollos
Richard Mullaney- WR- Arizona Hotshots
Khiry Robinson- RB- San Antonio Commanders
Adrien Robinson- TE- Memphis Express
Channing Stribling- CB- Memphis Express
Brandon Barnes- TE- Memphis Express
Christian Morris- OL- Memphis Express
Brandon Maiden- SS- Memphis Express
KJ Dillon- S- Arizona Hotshots
Ty Isaac- RB- Birmingham Iron
Bryce Canady- CB- Orlando Apollos
Arnold Tarpley III- S- Memphis Express
Adonis Jennings- WR- Salt Lake Stallions
Ja’Quan Gardner- RB- San Diego Fleet (partial labrum tear, still invited to show up, available to return in August)
Daronte Boulden- OL- Memphis Express
Greg Dutra- S- San Antonio Commanders
Nick Temple- LB/S- San Antonio Commanders
Cameron Clear- TE-San Antonio Commanders
Izaah Burks Sr.- DE- Orlando Apollos
Leon Orr- DT- Orlando Apollos
Anthony Moten- DL- Orlando Apollos
Bradley Sylve DB- Birmingham Iron
Busta Anderson- TE- Birmingham Iron
Cody Riggs- DB- Orlando Apollos
Fabian Guerra- WR- Memphis Express
Colin Jeter- TE- Memphis Express
Jeff Luc- LB- Atlanta Legends
Dylan Donahue-LB- Atlanta Legends
Khalil Bass- LB- Atlanta Legends
Ed Shockley-LB- Atlanta Legends
Tau Lotulelei- LB- Atlanta Legends
Jakobi Smith- OL- Orlando Apollos
Josh Jasper- K- Memphis Express
Anthony Morris- OL- Memphis Express
Cameron Nizialek- P- Atlanta Legends
Jordan Holland- DB- San Antonio Commanders
Herbert Moore- DL- San Antonio Commanders
Austin Larkin- OLB- San Antonio Commanders
Ty Allen- C- Memphis Express
Tuni Kanuch- OL- Salt Lake Stallions
Jake Payne- DL- Birmingham Iron
Last edited by MikeMitchell on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 18 times in total.
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Re: List of AAF players invited to The XFL’s Summer Showcases

Post by XFLInSTL »

Gardner has the potential to be a Top 5 RB in the league and Jeff Luc is a quality backup at worst, same with Morris and Guerra.
St. Louis Battlehawks
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XFLInSTL wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:34 am Gardner has the potential to be a Top 5 RB in the league and Jeff Luc is a quality backup at worst, same with Morris and Guerra.
I agree about Gardner. The fact that the XFL has invited him despite him being injured, tells me that the football operations department believes in his talent. He won’t be physically ready to go till late August. He’s a candidate for a league contract.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

MikeMitchell wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:10 am
XFLInSTL wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:34 am Gardner has the potential to be a Top 5 RB in the league and Jeff Luc is a quality backup at worst, same with Morris and Guerra.
I agree about Gardner. The fact that the XFL has invited him despite him being injured, tells me that the football operations department believes in his talent. He won’t be physically ready to go till late August. He’s a candidate for a league contract.
Gardner is the only "name" on this list that I know off of the top of my head because of his success in the AAF. I know Guerra, but that's because of his excellence at the arena level.
Ready for the team reveals...again
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XFL_FAN wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:28 am
Gardner is the only "name" on this list that I know off of the top of my head because of his success in the AAF. I know Guerra, but that's because of his excellence at the arena level.
These are only the names that I am aware of through contacts.

Dylan Donahue, Busta Anderson and Anthony Morris are former NFL draft picks. All of these players have some form of NFL roster experience.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

MikeMitchell wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:49 am

Dylan Donahue, Busta Anderson and Anthony Morris are former NFL draft picks. All of these players have some form of NFL roster experience.
I wasn't trying to knock the other guys on this list, I just meant that Gardner should end up getting a contract from the XFL. Since this is the first level of signings I was surprised to see a guy like him there. Perhaps it's due to his injury that he got an invite?
Ready for the team reveals...again
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XFL_FAN wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:24 am
MikeMitchell wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:49 am

I wasn't trying to knock the other guys on this list, I just meant that Gardner should end up getting a contract from the XFL. Since this is the first level of signings I was surprised to see a guy like him there. Perhaps it's due to his injury that he got an invite?
It’s possible. It’s very smart on the XFL’s part. Some of these players have recently worked out for NFL teams like Dylan Donahue. So bringing someone into the showcases who can’t work out is a smart play.

I didn’t think that you were insulting the list. Basically the hundreds of players who get these invites will be entry level talents. They all have some form of NFL experience. The group is not going to be veteran heavy at all. Some vets don’t want to try out as if they are college rookies again, and some want to wait things out til later in the process.
Shooter McGav1n
Receiver

Post by Shooter McGav1n »

I’m looking forward to the summer showcases, but not nearly as much as I’m looking forward to August and September. The NFL preseason will give us a chance to preview of a lot of soon to be XFL players. It’s gonna be exciting to see what big name players or under the radar guys we notice during the preseason, who miss out on an NFL job, sign on to become the foundation of the XFL.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Shooter McGav1n wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:07 pm I’m looking forward to the summer showcases, but not nearly as much as I’m looking forward to August and September. The NFL preseason will give us a chance to preview of a lot of soon to be XFL players. It’s gonna be exciting to see what big name players or under the radar guys we notice during the preseason, who miss out on an NFL job, sign on to become the foundation of the XFL.
I agree. I have heard that the league has a full database of all draft eligible players from 2014 until now.

Think of these Summer Showcases as the league’s leave no stone unturned phase. The Showcases are going to be a collection of un drafted players from the last few years, including this April. A collection of AAF players, CFL roster cuts etc

There will be some quality players that come out of these Showcases. A lot of players that have been overlooked or haven’t gotten their chance until now. This is the first phase of team building for the league.

Obviously the more exciting phase will be the NFL roster evaluations during the summer. The majority of the league’s talent base will come from the players that are on 90 player NFL rosters right now.