Final Team Names Prediction List

XFL Football discussion.
Post Reply
Dynamofan1

Final Team Names Prediction List

Post by Dynamofan1 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 pm

Team names are due out soon. Can everyone submit their final list? Post a prediction for ALL 8 teams. Let's see who gets the most correct. Here's mine:
Predictions not Preferences please.
NEW YORK KNIGHTS
WASHINGTON SENTINELS
ST LOUIS STALLIONS
TAMPA BAY SHARKS
DALLAS DIABLOS
LOS ANGELES STARS
SEATTLE SEAWOLVES
HOUSTON RENEGADES

XFLInSTL
Running Back
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 3:17 pm

Re: Final Team Names Prediction List

Post by XFLInSTL » Wed May 22, 2019 3:39 am

New York Skyliners

St. Louis Explorers

Washington Sentinels

Tampa Bay Outlaws

Los Angeles Stars

Dallas Stampede

Houston Generals

Seattle Seawolves
St. Louis Battlehawks

User avatar
XFL_FAN
Coach
Posts: 943
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: Final Team Names Prediction List

Post by XFL_FAN » Wed May 22, 2019 7:22 am

New York Knights
Washington Sentinels
St. Louis Clydes
Tampa Bay Sharks

Dallas Stampede
Houston Generals
Seattle Orcas
LA Sabercats
Playoffs are still in sight ;)

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 2133
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Final Team Names Prediction List

Post by MikeMitchell » Wed May 22, 2019 2:45 pm

None of my predictions will be correct. It’s not a personal preference list. Just where I think the league may land on these names.

It’s hard to predict because of the unknown amount of influence that Vince McMahon is going to have in naming these teams. If the WWE’s marketing team is involved in the branding. It can range from very good to very bad.

I can see Vince McMahon saying “Seattle is known for the sea, let’s name their team The Leviathans”. At the end of the day, it’s his money and league. His wheelhouse has always been branding, marketing and promoting. A lot of it is hit or miss with him.

The question for the XFL is... Do you try and be unique, innovative and different? or... Do you try to be as middle of the road as possible? Go the safe conservative route to alter the perception of what the league is going to be, and what it was two decades ago. I personally still love The Outlaws and Demons names.

So here goes;

New York Pride
St. Louis Guardians
Tampa Bay Sharks
Washington Pioneers

Houston Hustlers
Dallas Stampede
Los Angeles Idols
Seattle Lumberjacks

GDAWG
Coach
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: Final Team Names Prediction List

Post by GDAWG » Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:45 pm
None of my predictions will be correct. It’s not a personal preference list. Just where I think the league may land on these names.

It’s hard to predict because of the unknown amount of influence that Vince McMahon is going to have in naming these teams. If the WWE’s marketing team is involved in the branding. It can range from very good to very bad.

I can see Vince McMahon saying “Seattle is known for the sea, let’s name their team The Leviathans”. At the end of the day, it’s his money and league. His wheelhouse has always been branding, marketing and promoting. A lot of it is hit or miss with him.

The question for the XFL is... Do you try and be unique, innovative and different? or... Do you try to be as middle of the road as possible? Go the safe conservative route to alter the perception of what the league is going to be, and what it was two decades ago. I personally still love The Outlaws and Demons names.

So here goes;

New York Pride
St. Louis Guardians
Tampa Bay Sharks
Washington Pioneers

Houston Hustlers
Dallas Stampede
Los Angeles Idols
Seattle Lumberjacks
If Vince McMahon is naming all of the teams, one of them may end up being named The Experience only to have it changed a week later due to outcry.

If he's naming the teams, I am going to use WWE names for the teams:

New York Titanics (I was going to use Titans, but the Tennessee Titans use that name. Named after Titan Tower, the famous nickname for WWE Headquarters)
St. Louis Vipers (Randy Orton)
Tampa Bay Pirates (Kairi Sane)
Washington Animals (Dave Bautista)

Houston Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)
Dallas Rattlesnakes (Stone Cold Steve Austin)
Los Angeles Brahmas (Dwayne Johnson)
Seattle Environment (Daniel Bryan)

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 2133
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Final Team Names Prediction List

Post by MikeMitchell » Wed May 22, 2019 4:42 pm

GDAWG wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:45 pm
None of my predictions will be correct. It’s not a personal preference list. Just where I think the league may land on these names.

It’s hard to predict because of the unknown amount of influence that Vince McMahon is going to have in naming these teams. If the WWE’s marketing team is involved in the branding. It can range from very good to very bad.

I can see Vince McMahon saying “Seattle is known for the sea, let’s name their team The Leviathans”. At the end of the day, it’s his money and league. His wheelhouse has always been branding, marketing and promoting. A lot of it is hit or miss with him.

The question for the XFL is... Do you try and be unique, innovative and different? or... Do you try to be as middle of the road as possible? Go the safe conservative route to alter the perception of what the league is going to be, and what it was two decades ago. I personally still love The Outlaws and Demons names.

So here goes;

New York Pride
St. Louis Guardians
Tampa Bay Sharks
Washington Pioneers

Houston Hustlers
Dallas Stampede
Los Angeles Idols
Seattle Lumberjacks
If Vince McMahon is naming all of the teams, one of them may end up being named The Experience only to have it changed a week later due to outcry.

If he's naming the teams, I am going to use WWE names for the teams:

New York Titanics (I was going to use Titans, but the Tennessee Titans use that name. Named after Titan Tower, the famous nickname for WWE Headquarters)
St. Louis Vipers (Randy Orton)
Tampa Bay Pirates (Kairi Sane)
Washington Animals (Dave Bautista)

Houston Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray)
Dallas Rattlesnakes (Stone Cold Steve Austin)
Los Angeles Brahmas (Dwayne Johnson)
Seattle Environment (Daniel Bryan)
Those are fun wrestling names. The Rattlesnakes could actually work. lol I don't mind Vipers either.

Here are my WWE/Wrestling theme sounding names just for fun. I imagine this in Vince McMahon's voice.

Houston Horsemen
Dallas Leviathans
Los Angeles Superstars
Seattle Groundbreakers

New York Concrete
St. Louis Archrivals
Washington War Hawks
Tampa Bay Beasts

wetdawg
Linebacker
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Final Team Names Prediction List

Post by wetdawg » Wed May 22, 2019 5:04 pm

Here's what I like.
Houston Wildcats (can also mean wildcatter)
Dallas Deperados
Los Angeles Express
Seattle Lumberjacks

New York Enforcers (fits better than it did Chicago old XFL)
St. Louis Stallions
Washington Sentinels (Replacements is a good movie lol)
Tampa Bay Bandits

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 2133
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: Final Team Names Prediction List

Post by MikeMitchell » Wed May 22, 2019 5:52 pm

wetdawg wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:04 pm
Here's what I like.
Houston Wildcats (can also mean wildcatter)
Dallas Deperados
Los Angeles Express
Seattle Lumberjacks

New York Enforcers (fits better than it did Chicago old XFL)
St. Louis Stallions
Washington Sentinels (Replacements is a good movie lol)
Tampa Bay Bandits
I like the Wildcats name, simply for the double meaning. Replacements is a good movie.

I am not against it but I would be surprised if the league brings back old team names, from the XFL like The Enforcers, or old USFL names like the Bandits, Express and Stallions, or arena league names like the Desperados.

GDAWG
Coach
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: Final Team Names Prediction List

Post by GDAWG » Wed May 22, 2019 6:08 pm

Not using WWE names:

New York Knights
St. Louis Stallions
Tampa Bay Barracudas
Washington Commandos

Houston Generals
Dallas Toros
Los Angeles Stars
Seattle Seals

Jerseyknight458
Kicker
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:37 pm

Re: Final Team Names Prediction List

Post by Jerseyknight458 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:33 pm

New York Americans
St.Louis Explores
Tampa Bay Sharks
Washington War Hawks
Dallas Stampede
Houston Twisters
Los Angeles Stars
Seattle Lumberjacks

Post Reply