Potential XFL Players:Who's in, Who's out

XFL Football discussion.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Potential XFL Players:Who's in, Who's out

Post by XFL_FAN »

In the past few days we have had some updates on who could possibly play in the XFL. Here are some of the latest headlines:

Tim Tebow doesn't want to talk about the XFL.

Dwayne Bowe former pro bowl TE with the Chiefs says he would play for the right price, but remember that he was taking Marijuana in 2013 so probably not.

Jared Lorenzen says he has one more run left in him, likely to see him play.

Terrell Owens says that he will not play in the XFL.

Johnny Manziel showed interest, but unless Vince McMahon reverses his stand on DUI's, he won't play (I personally think he will come around to playing in the XFL).

Chris Gronkowski-Rob's Bro reportedly has showed interest in playing in the XFL

So there it is, 6 guys so far have talked about being in the XFL. Who are some other players that you would target?
Last edited by XFL_FAN on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ready for the team reveals...again
Joker
Quarterback

Re: Potential XFL Players:Who's in, Who's out

Post by Joker »

I recall discussion about which players would show up in XFL 1.0. When the draft happened, none of them were picked. :)
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Man, I hope that's not the case with the XFL 2.0...
Ready for the team reveals...again
Airdale
Kicker

SPEED

Post by Airdale »

The original XFL needed to find fast guys to s sell the league. That's what players trying out said. Speed over talent.
I think a second season would have would have had a very different look . When players drafted in the spring spent summers in the NFL camps as well as the seasoned vets wouldn't all make the cut. Fact is few make the cut but they were conditioned in NFL training camps but let go due to roster limits,
they would have had an opportunity to prove they only needed a chance. NFL draft and vets that got cut would have had a "Survivor Redemption" opportunity
Also given those un drafted NFL players a free invitation to try out against ex NFL players hoping "the feeder league" would catch on as the way baseball has farm clubs.
Yes, a first season in the books would have created a story line of players that had the right stuf and they just found no room to chase the dream.

As it turned out, guys like Tommy Maddox proved there was a talent pool that was picked over by the NFL. Oh, they were watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdfzlBYLCj4
Airdale
Kicker

Post by Airdale »

PostFootball
Kicker

Post by PostFootball »

Jared Lorenzen was up to like 500 pounds. he is not going to be playing. This league is going to be very and i mean very identity conscious to not look like a joke in any way and that can be taken literally. From broadcasters to coaches to announcers to players they are all going to be legit experienced Football people.

It is hard to project guys in the league yet as the landscape in the NFL changes and some of the guys not playing recently may be back in that league by then. I bet you do see a Gronkowski (or 2 or 3) depending on how many of them want to play as they all have some type of pro experience already. If he does not get back into the NFL i would expect RG3 to get a look, Keenan Reynolds. Matt Simms, Paxton Lynch, Quinton Flowers (who likely will see this as a chance to prove he can play QB and he at least has talent and is exciting) Brad Kayaa (who is way more talented than the practice squad guy and is young), Trent Richardson may want to come back, Felix Jones and there are many others.

the more interesting names will be the guys on backend of nfl rosters that may be willing to leave those rolls to try to showcase themselves in larger rolls in the xfl.