Jeffrey Pollack states that the league will be announcing a 5th Team President next week

XFL Football discussion.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Jeffrey Pollack states that the league will be announcing a 5th Team President next week

Post by MikeMitchell »

There wasn't much news in today's press conference. Other than Luck and Pollack touting the league's new broadcast agreements and partnerships.

XFL COO Jeffrey Pollack did mention that the league will be announcing it's 5th Team President. Erik Moses is in Washington, Janet Duch (NY), Ryan Gustafson in Seattle and Heather Brooks Karatz in LA. By the way, Karatz knocked it out of the park during the conference today. What an impressive person she is.

For all the talk of the coach hires and rightfully so. There are still openings left for the Team President roles in Dallas, Houston, St. Louis and Tampa. Nothing has been announced yet but there were some reports that Catherine Rache, was in line to accept a position with XFL Tampa. She's been an assistant GM and a Director of Football Operations in the CFL. Not sure if she is going to be an assistant GM with Marc Trestman, or if she would actually take on the Team President role. Rache is super qualified and could be a GM on her own. Perhaps Trestman knows that he's going to need some help.
Last edited by MikeMitchell on Tue May 07, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Re: Jeffrey Pollack states that the league will be announcing a 5th Team President next week

Post by XFL_FAN »

MikeMitchell wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:12 pm There wasn't much news in today's press conference. Other than Luck and Pollack touting the league's new broadcast agreements and partnerships.

XFL COO Jeffrey Pollack did mention that the league will be announcing it's 5th Team President. Erik Moses is in Washington, Janet Duch (NY), Ryan Gustafson in Seattle and Heather Brooks Karatz in LA. By the way, Karatz knocked it out of the park during the conference today. What an impressive person she is.

For all the talk of the coach hires and rightfully so. There are still openings left for the Team President roles in Dallas, Houston, St. Louis and Tampa. Nothing has been announced yet but there were some reports that Catherine Rache, was in line to accept a position with XFL Tampa. She's been an assistant GM and a Director of Football Operations in the CFL. Not sure if she is going to be an assistant GM with Marc Trestman, or she would actually take on the President role. Rache is super qualified and could be a GM on her own. Perhaps Trestman knows that he's going to need some help.
Maybe we'll see Houston finally get somebody? Or Bob Stoops' president in Dallas?
Ready for the team reveals...again
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Jeffrey Pollack states that the league will be announcing a 5th Team President next week

Post by GDAWG »

There is a name out there possibly for Dallas due to his ties, but in light of sexual assault allegations against this individual, I am not sure he would be a good idea.

Not saying he's a candidate, but he should not be considered
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

GDAWG wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:30 pm There is a name out there possibly for Dallas due to his ties, but in light of sexual assault allegations against this individual, I am not sure he would be a good idea.

Who are you referring to GDawg?
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Not that I think anyone from the AAF is going to be hired for anything at this point, but Tom Veit would certainly be qualified for the Tampa job.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Tank55 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:16 pm Not that I think anyone from the AAF is going to be hired for anything at this point, but Tom Veit would certainly be qualified for the Tampa job.
He was with the original XFL, back with the Orlando Rage as VP/GM. He also has some WWE ties. He worked with them for awhile. You could do worse. He certainly has a good resume.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MikeMitchell wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:10 pm
GDAWG wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:30 pm There is a name out there possibly for Dallas due to his ties, but in light of sexual assault allegations against this individual, I am not sure he would be a good idea.

Who are you referring to GDawg?
Terdema Ussery, former Dallas Mavericks CEO who left in 2015, but last year was accused of misogyny and sexual harassment during his time in Dallas.

Here is the full story:

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/dalla ... n-response

If I am the XFL, I'd stay away from him at all costs, especially for XFL Dallas.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

They've stayed away from this stuff like the plague, so far. I wouldn't worry about it.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

MikeMitchell wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:27 pm
Tank55 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:16 pm Not that I think anyone from the AAF is going to be hired for anything at this point, but Tom Veit would certainly be qualified for the Tampa job.
He was with the original XFL, back with the Orlando Rage as VP/GM. He also has some WWE ties. He worked with them for awhile. You could do worse. He certainly has a good resume.
So far I haven't seen the XFL go after any AAF key personnel, but a lot of that might have been simply because the folding came after they'd already begun hiring in earnest. They've said they would be willing to consider AAF players, so front-office personnel like Veit might be in play. I guess part of it might be how much they're willing to pay.
Xfldcnews
Receiver

Post by Xfldcnews »

MikeMitchell wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:12 pm There wasn't much news in today's press conference. Other than Luck and Pollack touting the league's new broadcast agreements and partnerships.

For all the talk of the coach hires and rightfully so. There are still openings left for the Team President roles in Dallas, Houston, St. Louis and Tampa. Nothing has been announced yet but there were some reports that Catherine Rache, was in line to accept a position with XFL Tampa. She's been an assistant GM and a Director of Football Operations in the CFL. Not sure if she is going to be an assistant GM with Marc Trestman, or if she would actually take on the Team President role. Rache is super qualified and could be a GM on her own. Perhaps Trestman knows that he's going to need some help.
I thought that Catherine Raiche already accepted a position in the Tampa front office?