XFL partners with Elevate Sports Ventures

XFL Football discussion.
Xfldcnews
Receiver

XFL partners with Elevate Sports Ventures

Post by Xfldcnews »

Elevate will design and manage the database marketing and ticket sales for the XFL's eight teams, in Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa and the District of Columbia.

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Xfldcnews
Receiver

Re: XFL partners with Elevate Sports Ventures

Post by Xfldcnews »

They are in contract for 2 seasons
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Xfldcnews wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:55 am They are in contract for 2 seasons
If they last that long. I know Vince McMahon has the league funded for three seasons, but with the way Vince books his wrestling company, I have my doubts.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

These drive by comments about Vince's booking are getting real old, real quick. Surely there are other places on the Internet for that. WWE has never been healthier from a financial perspective, so clearly it's not something that even indirectly affects the XFL.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

The only reason I have cautious optimism about the XFL is that Oliver Luck is running things daily. However, the history of Spring Football makes it impossible that the XFL lasts longer than the USFL.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

I don't think "impossible" is the word you're looking for, there. Unlikely? Perhaps, but "impossible" implies there's literally no circumstances in which the league could go beyond 3 years.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

I think if anyone has the stomach to weather the expected difficulties that go along with a venture like this...... it's Vince. Look at how he changed the way professional wrestling operates by taking his father's company and making it national..... more or less wiping out the territory system that existed for decades. He didn't want to end the XFL when nbc cancelled it...... but it was in his best interest at the time to do so. Despite some of the goofiness of the original league...... he had something The more I see this thing evolving..... the more I think he'll find acceptance. People were watching the AAF so there is a market for this despite what the obvious naysayers think.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Tank55 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:33 pm These drive by comments about Vince's booking are getting real old, real quick. Surely there are other places on the Internet for that. WWE has never been healthier from a financial perspective, so clearly it's not something that even indirectly affects the XFL.
I agree. The WWE is one of the most successful and profitable entertainment properties on the planet. Pointing at it as a knock is not really a strong argument. They just signed billion dollar tv deals. When things are in a slump creatively, the lead dog gets all the blame, when things are on the upswing, the hundreds of producers the company has and the hundreds of talents it has, gets all the credit. It’s a boring narrative.

As for this deal with Elevate. It shows how serious the XFL is. While we all get frustrated waiting on the sexy news of players, coaches and team names.

This deal with Elevate shows that the league is taking marketing, promoting and ticket sales as being very vital and serious business models for the XFL’s short and long term viability.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

If they weren't taking all of these boring steps, we'd all be catcalling the league for not doing their due diligence.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

So the CEO of Elevate Sports Ventures is also President of the San Francisco 49ers. This means that Oliver Luck's words about wanting to compliment the NFL have continued to be true.