XFL in Birmingham

XFL Football discussion.
Jerseyknight458
Kicker

XFL in Birmingham

Post by Jerseyknight458 »

I stumbled upon a tweet which stated the the XFL.we're absorbing Birmingham,Orlando,San Antonio and San Diego from AAF.....my gut says Fake News but I figured I'd put it out there on the outside change Vince and Oliver lost their facilities momentarily and brought these cities in .
XFLGUY
Quarterback

Re: XFL in Birmingham

Post by XFLGUY »

Completely fabricated
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Jerseyknight458 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:49 pm I stumbled upon a tweet which stated the the XFL.we're absorbing Birmingham,Orlando,San Antonio and San Diego from AAF.....my gut says Fake News but I figured I'd put it out there on the outside change Vince and Oliver lost their facilities momentarily and brought these cities in .
Vince McMahon has been known to be out of touch, so him losing it momentarily is not out of the question.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

There would have been an official tweet somewhere by now if it was real. Not happening...
Ready for the team reveals...again
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

XFL_FAN wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:26 pm There would have been an official tweet somewhere by now if it was real. Not happening...
Who made that tweet?....... Charlie Ebersol?
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

But here's something that isn't fake....... Do you play video football on the PC? Do you want to decide for yourself who the real AAF champion is? A user going by the name "redmondorbit" has created a modded version of Axis Football 19 in which he recreated the entire AAF. Wanna see screenshots of it? Here's a couple of them:
odamd8tsnqbdvsrmbnx7.jpg
odamd8tsnqbdvsrmbnx7.jpg (103.4 KiB) Viewed 3563 times
c7il3jyrgkfpptywpts4.jpg
c7il3jyrgkfpptywpts4.jpg (108.04 KiB) Viewed 3563 times
And it even comes with half empty stadiums...... so realistic.
Jerseyknight458
Kicker

Post by Jerseyknight458 »

Sounder wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:03 pm
XFL_FAN wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:26 pm There would have been an official tweet somewhere by now if it was real. Not happening...
Who made that tweet?....... Charlie Ebersol?
I wouldn't put it past him.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Sounder wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:37 pm But here's something that isn't fake....... Do you play video football on the PC? Do you want to decide for yourself who the real AAF champion is? A user going by the name "redmondorbit" has created a modded version of Axis Football 19 in which he recreated the entire AAF. Wanna see screenshots of it? Here's a couple of them:

odamd8tsnqbdvsrmbnx7.jpg

c7il3jyrgkfpptywpts4.jpg

And it even comes with half empty stadiums...... so realistic.
:D
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Jerseyknight458 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:49 pm I stumbled upon a tweet which stated the the XFL.we're absorbing Birmingham,Orlando,San Antonio and San Diego from AAF.....my gut says Fake News but I figured I'd put it out there on the outside change Vince and Oliver lost their facilities momentarily and brought these cities in .
It would be cool if the league started with 10 or more teams. That's a budgetary issue. It's pretty late in the game now to do that. I could see them purchasing trademarks or going to AAF cities in year two. They gotta get there first.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

MikeMitchell wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:03 am
It would be cool if the league started with 10 or more teams. That's a budgetary issue. It's pretty late in the game now to do that. I could see them purchasing trademarks or going to AAF cities in year two. They gotta get there first.

Didn't Luck recently mention a desire to get to 10 teams quickly? Like, as early as 2021? I expect the league to be ultra conservative to start so I'd be surprised to see it expand much more beyond 10 for the first 3-5 years.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3