XFL Team Names And Logo Announcement Is 3-5 Weeks Away

XFL Football discussion.
XFL_FAN
Coach

XFL Team Names And Logo Announcement Is 3-5 Weeks Away

Post by XFL_FAN »

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-teams/xfl-te ... ouncement/
Brian Stull of The Brian Stull show on WGNU in St. Louis was at the Jonathan Hayes Press Conference on April 18th. He had a chance to talk to new head coach/GM Jonathan Hayes and XFL Commissioner and CEO Oliver Luck about the new XFL...Team names and logo announcement a month to six weeks away, due to trademarks and legal process
So on April 18th it was a month to 6 weeks away. That means we're 3-5 weeks away now!

The (rough) timeline:

Thursday May 16th-May 30th

So mid to late May we should get those highly-anticipated team name and logo announcements. Apparently they are in the process of trademarking since they say "due" to the trademarks it will take 4-6 weeks. Maybe leaks will come out in the next 2 weeks?
Ready for the team reveals...again
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Re: XFL Team Names And Logo Announcement Is 3-5 Weeks Away

Post by XtremeFanForever »

The timeline on a lot of these announcements has been pretty fluid throughout the year. He said in the same interview that the TV deal was "a couple weeks" away; so that SHOULD be next week, but could be later. He also recently mentioned Houston would be the last team to announce their coach and LA would be announced "before the end of April." Putting it all together, I'd expect the following timeline:

Next week: LA coach announced.
A week or two later: Houston coach announced.
Late May: TV deal announced.
Late May/Early June: Team names and logos announced.

That'll allow for the league to continue to slowly ramp up the press coverage before they get down to business signing players.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

Whoo Hoo!!!

I’m ready for some gear! The sooner the better!

Also super excited about the TV deal. Colin Cowherd says nothing but good things about spring ball and the XFL. Likely a deal with FOX?

Come on 2020!!!
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

GoDogs wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:18 pm Whoo Hoo!!!

I’m ready for some gear! The sooner the better!

Also super excited about the TV deal. Colin Cowherd says nothing but good things about spring ball and the XFL. Likely a deal with FOX?

Come on 2020!!!
Cowherd was also a fan of the AAF, so I think he just likes spring football.

I trust the league knows what it's doing but I'm getting impatience. Want to buy an LA jersey the moment they go on sale.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:10 pm The timeline on a lot of these announcements has been pretty fluid throughout the year. He said in the same interview that the TV deal was "a couple weeks" away; so that SHOULD be next week, but could be later. He also recently mentioned Houston would be the last team to announce their coach and LA would be announced "before the end of April." Putting it all together, I'd expect the following timeline:

Next week: LA coach announced.
A week or two later: Houston coach announced.
Late May: TV deal announced.
Late May/Early June: Team names and logos announced.

That'll allow for the league to continue to slowly ramp up the press coverage before they get down to business signing players.
Mid-May is also when the major networks announce their fall prime-time schedules, so that would be a logical time to unveil a new network contract.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XFL_FAN wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:07 pm https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-teams/xfl-te ... ouncement/
Brian Stull of The Brian Stull show on WGNU in St. Louis was at the Jonathan Hayes Press Conference on April 18th. He had a chance to talk to new head coach/GM Jonathan Hayes and XFL Commissioner and CEO Oliver Luck about the new XFL...Team names and logo announcement a month to six weeks away, due to trademarks and legal process
So on April 18th it was a month to 6 weeks away. That means we're 3-5 weeks away now!

The (rough) timeline:

Thursday May 16th-May 30th

So mid to late May we should get those highly-anticipated team name and logo announcements. Apparently they are in the process of trademarking since they say "due" to the trademarks it will take 4-6 weeks. Maybe leaks will come out in the next 2 weeks?
My only question is when the rollout starts. Will there be an announcement of team names, logos and uniforms at the same time? The AAF didn't release their team uniforms until just a few months before their season started.
Xfldcnews
Receiver

Post by Xfldcnews »

Hopefully they don't do it like the AAF did. Most of the teams didn't even have an away Jersey
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Xfldcnews wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:55 am Hopefully they don't do it like the AAF did. Most of the teams didn't even have an away Jersey
Agreed. The sooner, the XFL can set up revenue streams, the better. Sell tickets and merchandise as soon as you can.

Teams wearing only one uniform had the look of budget restraints for the AAF.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

MikeMitchell wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:20 pmTeams wearing only one uniform had the look of budget restraints for the AAF.
Was it really that much of a problem, though?

I mean, professional football... everyone knows it's an expensive enterprise and the AAF was not getting TV money. A certain degree of cost-cutting was always going to be necessary. Plus, with the NFL having done the Color Rush thing the past few years, and black-and-white TVs having been fully obsolete for a decade now, the whole point of the color and white jersey convention is pretty much obsolete so long as they're not the same colors or anything dichromats (i.e., "color-blind") might find confusing. As long as the jerseys contrast, why increase your expenses?
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:50 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:20 pmTeams wearing only one uniform had the look of budget restraints for the AAF.
Was it really that much of a problem, though?

I mean, professional football... everyone knows it's an expensive enterprise and the AAF was not getting TV money. A certain degree of cost-cutting was always going to be necessary. Plus, with the NFL having done the Color Rush thing the past few years, and black-and-white TVs having been fully obsolete for a decade now, the whole point of the color and white jersey convention is pretty much obsolete so long as they're not the same colors or anything dichromats (i.e., "color-blind") might find confusing. As long as the jerseys contrast, why increase your expenses?
It’s not a deal breaker. However it’s traditional for teams to have one home jersey and one road jersey. Expenses vs revenue. Trying to find that balance. You have to monetize your team the best way that you can. It’s all about making money. When it comes to football teams. Jersey sales are the best way to do it outside of ticket sales. The AAF did a poor job on both fronts. Selling tickets and merchandise.