XFL Team Names And Logo Announcement Is 3-5 Weeks Away

XFL Football discussion.
AkinCrow
Receiver

Re: XFL Team Names And Logo Announcement Is 3-5 Weeks Away

Post by AkinCrow »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:14 am
AkinCrow wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:17 pm I wonder if there will be leaks on the trademarks? I've seen trademarks leaked on some companies like Sony. Maybe we will get a leaked list at some point. XFL has leaked the cities before.
Trademarks are public record. We'll likely find record of the potential teams in the USPTO database before they're publicly announced... though sometimes they will plant decoys.
Good to know, thank you sir. Somebody got to keep an eye on that.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

MikeMitchell wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:18 am
XtremeFanForever wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:42 pm Have they had a Friday press conference to this point? Seems unlikely they'd hold one on Friday
No Friday press conferences. Hamilton’s was on a Thursday. Both Zorn and Trestman has press releases about their hires on a Friday leading into their conferences on the following Monday. We also found out about the XFL NY scheduled press conference leading into the weekend before Gilbride was officially announced the early part of the next week.
Yeah, so I think it's unlikely we see any announcements this week. Wednesday only gives the press 24 hours notice and a Friday press conference seems doubtful.

Luck said the LA coach would he announced the end of April, so this is a little disappointing. I'm not upset, not going to over think a slight hiccup in the announcement timeline, I'm just champing at the bit for some LA news.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

AkinCrow wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:29 pm
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:14 am
AkinCrow wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:17 pm I wonder if there will be leaks on the trademarks? I've seen trademarks leaked on some companies like Sony. Maybe we will get a leaked list at some point. XFL has leaked the cities before.
Trademarks are public record. We'll likely find record of the potential teams in the USPTO database before they're publicly announced... though sometimes they will plant decoys.
I checked this afternoon: so far nothing yet. All that's there right now are trademarks for Alpha Entertainment, the XFL, the word "AlterVerse" (don't ask me what that's about) and the slogans "For the Love of Football" and "He Hate Me."
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:58 pm
AkinCrow wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:29 pm
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:14 am Trademarks are public record. We'll likely find record of the potential teams in the USPTO database before they're publicly announced... though sometimes they will plant decoys.
I checked this afternoon: so far nothing yet. All that's there right now are trademarks for Alpha Entertainment, the XFL, the word "AlterVerse" (don't ask me what that's about) and the slogans "For the Love of Football" and "He Hate Me."
I think the "AlterVerse" is from a different Alpha Entertainment. It says it was filed for in Minnesota, and I found a music venue called Alpha Entertainment in Minnesota. It's probably theirs.
St. Louis BattleHawks
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

Is there going to be an official logo for team 9? Seems like another opportunity to cash in on some additional gear.

Also curious if teams can send players down to team 9 and swap out for someone whose not working out?

(Maybe another topic).
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

(Got the imagination going)

Team 9: bounty hunters, rogues...

I’m down for more gear!!
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

GoDogs wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 pm Is there going to be an official logo for team 9? Seems like another opportunity to cash in on some additional gear.

Also curious if teams can send players down to team 9 and swap out for someone whose not working out?

(Maybe another topic).
Who would root for team 9 if they aren't playing competitively? That's like rooting for an NFL practice squad...
Ready for the team reveals...again
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

It’s fun to root for underdogs. Knowing that there’s about 60 guys on the bubble that are a play away from getting their shot on an unknown team (as they could be in LA or NY week to week), fuels storylines and imagination. (The average Joe could image being that guy).

“Practice players” takes away from what they are doing. These guys aren’t in the same city they maybe asked to play in. I imagine their bags are always packed. Their families are in stand by. Giving these guys a brand/label makes it more interesting!
(Plus more gear!)
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:08 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:18 am
XtremeFanForever wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:42 pm Have they had a Friday press conference to this point? Seems unlikely they'd hold one on Friday
No Friday press conferences. Hamilton’s was on a Thursday. Both Zorn and Trestman has press releases about their hires on a Friday leading into their conferences on the following Monday. We also found out about the XFL NY scheduled press conference leading into the weekend before Gilbride was officially announced the early part of the next week.
Yeah, so I think it's unlikely we see any announcements this week. Wednesday only gives the press 24 hours notice and a Friday press conference seems doubtful.

Luck said the LA coach would he announced the end of April, so this is a little disappointing. I'm not upset, not going to over think a slight hiccup in the announcement timeline, I'm just champing at the bit for some LA news.
So this is the the 5th time now that news has broken of a press conference heading into the weekend. With LA coming Tuesday.

Hopefully we get news about a Houston hire soon. Houston is the only team without both a team president and head coach/gm.