XFL Team Names And Logo Announcement Is 3-5 Weeks Away

XFL Football discussion.
Xfldcnews
Receiver

Re: XFL Team Names And Logo Announcement Is 3-5 Weeks Away

Post by Xfldcnews »

I attended the Atlanta legends home opener and there was stuff misspelled on the pamphlets they handed out and they ran out of food before halftime. Was very poorly organized
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Xfldcnews wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:37 pm I attended the Atlanta legends home opener and there was stuff misspelled on the pamphlets they handed out and they ran out of food before halftime. Was very poorly organized
I heard this rumor. That's so bad. Running out of food to feed less than 10,000 fans. So bush league.
Xfldcnews
Receiver

Post by Xfldcnews »

Oh trust me it's no rumor lol. I was pissed when I tried to get food lmao. Plus all the merchandise was extremely priced
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

MikeMitchell wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:47 pm
Xfldcnews wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:37 pm I attended the Atlanta legends home opener and there was stuff misspelled on the pamphlets they handed out and they ran out of food before halftime. Was very poorly organized
I heard this rumor. That's so bad. Running out of food to feed less than 10,000 fans. So bush league.
The whole situation in Atlanta was an utter disaster, from the choice of market to the coaches quitting before the season started to Matt Simms.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

If we're gonna get a coaching announcement this week then I think they pretty much have to announce the press conference by tomorrow. If no announcement tomorrow then we can probably push the timeline back by another week.

Give me my coach, dammit!
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
AkinCrow
Receiver

Post by AkinCrow »

I wonder if there will be leaks on the trademarks? I've seen trademarks leaked on some companies like Sony. Maybe we will get a leaked list at some point. XFL has leaked the cities before.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:09 pm If we're gonna get a coaching announcement this week then I think they pretty much have to announce the press conference by tomorrow. If no announcement tomorrow then we can probably push the timeline back by another week.

Give me my coach, dammit!
Lol

I’d say that the deadline for this week is probably Wednesday. In theory a press release could be sent out 2 days before a conference takes place.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

Have they had a Friday press conference to this point? Seems unlikely they'd hold one on Friday
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

AkinCrow wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:17 pm I wonder if there will be leaks on the trademarks? I've seen trademarks leaked on some companies like Sony. Maybe we will get a leaked list at some point. XFL has leaked the cities before.
Trademarks are public record. We'll likely find record of the potential teams in the USPTO database before they're publicly announced... though sometimes they will plant decoys.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:42 pm Have they had a Friday press conference to this point? Seems unlikely they'd hold one on Friday
No Friday press conferences. Hamilton’s was on a Thursday. Both Zorn and Trestman has press releases about their hires on a Friday leading into their conferences on the following Monday. We also found out about the XFL NY scheduled press conference leading into the weekend before Gilbride was officially announced the early part of the next week.