Which Cities Will Be Left For The XFL?

XFL Football discussion.
Andibald
Head Coach

Re: Which Cities Will Be Left For The XFL?

Post by Andibald »

Columbus and Canton are easily far enough apart that a team in both could work.
One in each league in 2020!
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Rick Neuheisel to coach in new Alliance of American Football league

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/ri ... l18bfssqze

San Diego next?
A source told Sporting News on Monday that Rick Neuheisel will lead a Southern California-based team in the new Alliance of American Football set to begin play in February 2019. An official announcement is expected soon along with the exact location of where that club will be playing.

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Earlier from Sporting news:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/sp ... p3wzqc2g6a
There is monetary appeal, as well. One source told Sporting News there is talk of a $500,000 salary for what amounts primarily to working a preseason, 10-game schedule and four-team playoff format to determine the first Alliance champion.

Confirming names has proven difficult since all head coaches will be operating under a non-disclosure agreement that would result in financial penalties for violation. The Alliance also is trying to keep the announcement of head coaches under wraps until the cities in which they will be working are announced in the coming weeks and months.

Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

On a radio show (https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-The- ... -29166548/, the Sporting News writer, Alex Marvez, says he hears that Dallas is the only NFL city that the AAF will use.

Based on the new rumors and using the Sporting News possible coaches, my new AAF predictions:

Orlando - Spurrier - Official
San Diego - Neuheisel - Rumored
Memphis - Rumored - Jeff Fisher?
Dallas - Rumored - Mike Singletary?
Canton or Columbus - Pepper Johnson?
Oklahoma - Rob Ryan?
St Louis - Mike Martz?
Hartford - Jim Fassel?

*edit - Martz would be in St Louis not Portland...was thinking Chip Kelly for some reason :oops: . Portland stays for the XFL along with Omaha, San Antonio, Birmingham, SLC or NorCal, Wash DC, Chicago or Milwaukee, NY/NJ, along with others.

Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Fassel has a history in Utah as well so he could go to a SLC team. He also has history in Hawaii :shock:

Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Rick Neuheisel: “Nothing has been finalized” with coaching return

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-return/
“And for me, it kinda fits because I was sitting there really wanting to grow this broadcasting career that I’ve kind of started,” Neuheisel said. “I’m very happy with CBS, but CBS is going to be part of this league so this looked like this might fit because it’s after I’m done with my obligations with them and so forth. So I made some inquiries but nothing has been finalized, nothing has been solidified. Keep your fingers crossed.”

Sykotyk
Quarterback

Post by Sykotyk »

Andibald wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 am
Orlando - Spurrier - Official
San Diego - Neuheisel - Rumored
Memphis - Rumored - Jeff Fisher?
Dallas - Rumored - Mike Singletary?
Canton or Columbus - Pepper Johnson?
Oklahoma - Rob Ryan?
St Louis - Mike Martz?
Hartford - Jim Fassel?
Honestly, other than Dallas and Oklahoma, this is fairly close to my thoughts on the XFL's route. Stay away from NFL markets. Oklahoma (I assume Oklahoma City, but the only stadium is at OU in Norman south of town, unless they're in Tulsa, which as a more moderately sized stadium).

Memphis AND St. Louis is a bit of a surprise, but should make a quick rivalry. BUT, they'd probably do the stupid move and put one in the East and one in the West, just as XFL 1.0 did with Memphis and Birmingham. It is interesting that Birmingham isn't part of it. But, their new stadium won't be ready any time soon. That gives XFL a major move there.

After this, though, XFL gets the other of Canton/Akron/Columbus, Birmingham, Rutgers(?), Syracuse/WNY, Norfolk VA,North Carolina somewhere, Atlanta (Georgia State's remodel of Turner Field, San Antonio, Austin, etc., as well as the possibilities of Utah, New Mexico, Portland, as well as somewhere else in California. San Francisco/Oakland again with the Demons?

Either way. This works out a bit better for the possibility of the XFL taking a crack at it after the AAF has their shot. But, also curious that XFL would need to get on the ball, because AAF does well could mean a couple teams adding to the league for 2020 that might poach XFL markets.

As for Dallas, I'd assume going to SMU rather than the Cotton Bowl. And there's no way they'd call TCU's stadium in Fort Worth as "Dallas" and you know Jerry World won't probably allow outside competition outside HS or college ball to take place there.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

I don't think the AAF would expand after one season...
Ready for the team reveals...again
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Scratch another one of the list next week...
AAF
‏Verified account @TheAAF
6m6 minutes ago

The second Alliance city will be announced NEXT WEEK! Stay up on all the action here. We're just getting started. #JoinTheAlliance

Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Mike Martz in San Diego?

https://kmox.radio.com/articles/mike-ma ... all-league
Martz is just the second head coach and San Diego is the second host city we've heard from.

"I agreed to do it here in San Diego," Martz says. "It's being formalized now, but I tentatively agreed to do it."

The full interview with Martz will air on the next episode of Claiborne's Sports and More show on KMOX, next Thursday.

Martz currently lives in San Diego – the city which just lost the Chargers franchise to Los Angeles at the start of last year's NFL season.