Future XFL player possibilities

XFL Football discussion.
Xfldcnews
Receiver

Future XFL player possibilities

Post by Xfldcnews »

I'll start this off with Paul Harris, University of Hawaii alumni. RB/KR. He was playing with the spring league this year as xfl was trying out some new rules. He sent me his highlight video here. https://youtu.be/O-i09U94ZkE. I can see him possibly going to LA
Xfldcnews
Receiver

Re: Future XFL player possibilities

Post by Xfldcnews »

Anyone else have any thoughts or possible xfl players
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Just a few names. There are a lot of players that I would love to see get a shot in the league. Both vets and young players. Here’s some vets.

Terrelle Pryor- He is a free agent after being cut by The Bills and Jets. Talented player. I wonder if he wants to play quarterback again. He visited the Seahawks this week. Seattle drafted a few receivers and have a log jam at the position. So even if he signs on. He is no lock to make their roster. Doug Baldwin’s playing days might be over. So he still has a shot.

Christine Michael- Another highly touted college football player. He was a 5 star RB at Texas A & M. Only 28 years old. Last with the Colts.

Matt Jones- 26 year old running back, former 3rd round pick. Great physical tools. Has been with 3 NFL teams. Has had durability issues. Last with Philly in the preseason of 2018.

Keith Marshall- Another former Redskins runner. Same issues as Matt Jones. Tandem back with Todd Gurley at Georgia. Fans nicknamed he and Todd Gurshall. Marshall has lightning speed, ran a 4.31 at the combine.

Tanner McEvoy- 6’6 230 pound WR. Young player who has bounced around the NFL. Played quarterback, safety and receiver in college. Hasn’t been able to find a role or position yet in the NFL.

Courtney Upshaw- former 2nd round pick out of Alabama. Has played for 3 NFL teams. Baltimore, Atlanta and New York. Played OLB, DE and DT. The kind of veteran. The XFL should target.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

I wonder how many "older" veteran players will get a look or better yet wanting to play because the NFL teams not wanting to spend on them. I know some guys are very questionable in how they act and so forth. Now keep in mind I am more finding talent more longer term, younger, and undiscovered but there is a part of me that says, to help sell tickets and draw attention. Maybe a few name valued guys that fans know would help draw the interest.

I know a few good names was brought up in the QB discussion. If we are going to bring up other positions, couldn't hurt. From guys who played in the AAF who didn't get signed by the NFL, I'm sure a bunch of them the quality players will get looks and offers.

I'm talking about guys like "health" with standing, Dez Bryant for example. I know he had a bad injury early last year and was only signed after a team lost there WR in NO. Maybe a talent like him could try at the age of 30 show that he still has something. He was signed $1.25 to play in NO.

So here is a link to the list of current NFL players unsigned. Now clearly they greyed out the Gronk because of retirement and I'm sure some will get signed but worth looking at as guys from the NFL who maybe around. At less worth a look at this list come Sept and so forth.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/available/
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

steinerfhc wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:13 pm I wonder how many "older" veteran players will get a look or better yet wanting to play because the NFL teams not wanting to spend on them. I know some guys are very questionable in how they act and so forth. Now keep in mind I am more finding talent more longer term, younger, and undiscovered but there is a part of me that says, to help sell tickets and draw attention. Maybe a few name valued guys that fans know would help draw the interest.

I know a few good names was brought up in the QB discussion. If we are going to bring up other positions, couldn't hurt. From guys who played in the AAF who didn't get signed by the NFL, I'm sure a bunch of them the quality players will get looks and offers.

I'm talking about guys like "health" with standing, Dez Bryant for example. I know he had a bad injury early last year and was only signed after a team lost there WR in NO. Maybe a talent like him could try at the age of 30 show that he still has something. He was signed $1.25 to play in NO.

So here is a link to the list of current NFL players unsigned. Now clearly they greyed out the Gronk because of retirement and I'm sure some will get signed but worth looking at as guys from the NFL who maybe around. At less worth a look at this list come Sept and so forth.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/available/
There are some really good football players on that list. A lot of them probably will fall under the category of veterans that will wait out an entire season if they have to, to attempt to get back into the league at some point.

There are some players specifically on the offensive line, that I would target. Getting quality lineman in a secondary league is probably the most difficult area to address. If you can get some veterans with starting experience. That would be a plus.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

MikeMitchell wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:45 pm There are some really good football players on that list. A lot of them probably will fall under the category of veterans that will wait out an entire season if they have to, to attempt to get back into the league at some point.

There are some players specifically on the offensive line, that I would target. Getting quality lineman in a secondary league is probably the most difficult area to address. If you can get some veterans with starting experience. That would be a plus.
The O-line faults are part of what really killed the AAF. You're absolutely right that the success of the O-lines will drive the success of the league's on-field product.

The wild card is going to be this new forward-lateral rule. How much is that rule going to alter the role of the offensive line if they can be more directly involved in the passing game? Could we be seeing more Emory-and-Henry style split tackles? If so, the type of players the XFL would target would not necessarily be the same types that might fill an NFL roster. It could change the positioning system drastically.
Xfldcnews
Receiver

Post by Xfldcnews »

steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

Another good list of non NFL players. I hope to see more Vol. in this of other players.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

So who will be the John Avery of this league?..... ya know....a guy you seen plenty of in the NFL...... but never quite got to be "the guy"....... Cristine Micheal does fit that description......another guy I thought about is Thomas Rawls..... when he could stay on the field..... he was effective ... but he couldn't stay on the field. A guy perhaps Jim Zorn might appreciate is a guy like former Washington standout Kasen Williams.... an annual stud in preseason camps with the Seahawks a couple times..... looked so good I couldn't believe he didn't make the team...... I'd like to see him here.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Sounder wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:49 am So who will be the John Avery of this league?..... ya know....a guy you seen plenty of in the NFL...... but never quite got to be "the guy"....... Cristine Micheal does fit that description......another guy I thought about is Thomas Rawls..... when he could stay on the field..... he was effective ... but he couldn't stay on the field. A guy perhaps Jim Zorn might appreciate is a guy like former Washington standout Kasen Williams.... an annual stud in preseason camps with the Seahawks a couple times..... looked so good I couldn't believe he didn't make the team...... I'd like to see him here.
You have to figure with Jim Zorn's ties to the organization. That his draft will probably be loaded up with players, he has seen doing well in Seahawks preseason games. Kasen is a possibility. Anyone that shines during the summer but that doesn't make the Seattle 53 man or 10 player practice squad. You gotta figure, is a target for XFL Seattle.