Reuse old team names and logos.

XFL Football discussion.
GoDogs
Running Back

Re: Reuse old team names and logos.

Post by GoDogs »

I’m hoping for a little of both. This Demons fan would like to see his team take another crack at a championship.

A few years ago, the A11FL put out some pretty clean uni’s, revising some old USFL teams, and completely designing new ones.

I’d like to see a little nod to the old XFL on a few team designs.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

A bit of old, a bit of new. Just please get the uni's right. I don't want to buy an ugly jersey.
Ready for the team reveals...again
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

New York Knights. :D
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

Pretty solid list!

NJ/NY did have one of the sickest uni’s and color schemes last time around (Hitmen).

The only no-go is the Spartans. (Can’t stomach the Spartans in my neck of the woods 😂). The Demons in the “Hell Hole” is a must!
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

GoDogs wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:36 pm NJ/NY did have one of the sickest uni’s and color schemes last time around (Hitmen).
Come to think of it, the Hitmen also had a decent team name.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
PostFootball
Kicker

Post by PostFootball »

the league is not planning on using the old logos or names, even in cities they are going back to, if any. The marketing people involved, and Vince McMahon himself do not want to retread names or logos of the old league. In fact, they are trying to re-brand entirely and try to give this new league and entity (Alpha entertainment) a total unique identity. the do not want people to really associate the new league with the one that failed and they will continually try to show in every way possible that it is a totally different product.
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

Guess we’ll see. Alpha did buy the rights to the UFL, UrFl and “for the love of the game” names....but went with the “XFL”. If you watch the 30 for 30 doc. there were some real positives taken from the league still used today. (It was funny to see a “Bubba cam” I the Super Bowl after a score). So not everything was completely negative.

I’m really hoping for a few of the old teams with some updates. But agree on some new ones based on the cities and their culture.