Vince liquidates $270M in WWE stock for XFL

XFL Football discussion.
Tank55
MVP

Vince liquidates $270M in WWE stock for XFL

Post by Tank55 »

On Wednesday, he sold off a big chunk — 4.1 percent — of his stock. The business maneuver translated into 3,204,427 shares in the sports entertainment promotion sold that are worth approximately $270 million:

The shares sold by Mr. McMahon represent approximately 4.1 percent of the Company’s total outstanding shares of Class A and Class B common stock. After the sale, Mr. McMahon beneficially owns 28,682,94 shares of the Company’s Class B common stock, which represents approximately 80.1 percent of the Company’s total voting power and approximately 36.8 percent of the Company’s total outstanding shares of common stock.”

The sale will benefit Alpha Entertainment, the company that is the foundation of the XFL.
https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019 ... nance-xfl/
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Re: Vince liquidates $270M in WWE stock for XFL

Post by FootballYoda »

Use the money to absorb the AAF, I wonder if Vince will, hmm?
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I wonder what the AAF would be worth to the XFL at this point. Maybe there's some tech infrastructure worth salvaging? But I would think the XFL would just let the league crash and burn and then pick through the wreckage.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:53 am I wonder what the AAF would be worth to the XFL at this point.
Head Coaches for their remaining four teams with no head coaches? :D
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

They wouldn't need to buy out the AAF -- as opposed to just letting it fail -- for the coaches or players.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:53 am I wonder what the AAF would be worth to the XFL at this point. Maybe there's some tech infrastructure worth salvaging? But I would think the XFL would just let the league crash and burn and then pick through the wreckage.
If they fold after there season is over. Vince wouldn't need to do anything and could just hire who ever he wants from it. Coaches, players and broadcasting side of things, if he wants him, he can wait it out without spending extra really now. There is value is personal but not worth buying out anything.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

I think the AAF may believe the same thing..... that the XFL might be a one and done...... the three year contract structure was specifically to protect it's lot of current second tier talent..... that doesn't mean there's not enough players.....the NFL draft is coming up.....so there will be new undrafted talent they will compete for. Simply signing to go to an NFL training camp is not going to void their AAF deal. So if Johnny Manziel for example tries out and doesn't stick on the final NFL cut.....he is not a free agent.....he returns to the Express. Josh Johnson ......currently on the Washington Redskins .....if he is cut..... I believe would be available to the XFL.....I still believe they should just merge...... so what if there are empty seats at AAF games........there will be empty seats at XFLgames too. And what about the 500 million I figure I heard about? Was that not a real thing? or did Vince already burn through it?
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

You'll have to tell us where you heard $500 million. Maybe that's the amount he's planning to spend. But I believe he had liquidated about $120 million in WWE stock until this.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:50 am You'll have to tell us where you heard $500 million. Maybe that's the amount he's planning to spend. But I believe he had liquidated about $120 million in WWE stock until this.
It was the original announcements it was said he was but it looks like he doing it by sections. I'm sure in a few months or closer to the end of the year he will do something like this again once players and so forth start getting signed. Hopefully they get some good sponsors and TV to help fund the league. You look at what WWE got from Fox and USA networks. Huge TV contracts, they could get something in that nature, that would be huge for the league.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

I'd like for this XFL to be successful......keep it away from "sports entertainment'" and it may have a chance,......for the AAF?...... who knows......Jerry Jones seems to like it......enough to invest perhaps? I don't know if the main Fox network would carry more than an opening week game and the championship......tthey'll be airing WWE Smackdown beginning in October.... and Saturday evenings usually have nothing good.....sometimes there's UFC.....or boxing.....iI hope it's not relegated to FS1 like the MLB is. I HATE the baseball playoffs not being on the main network.