Uh oh

XFL Football discussion.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Re: Uh oh

Post by XFL_FAN »

Andibald wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:02 pm Some article titles are kind of funny as the AAF will not have kick offs:
Alliance of American Football to kick off after Super Bowl
True :D . Football is still football. This could be a good thing for the XFL though as they can learn from the AAF's mistakes...
Ready for the team reveals...again
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

WOW. Some competition in the spring league by 2 major Alphas! Kind of got the feeling from the XFL documentary (filmed by Ebersol Jr) both left the original league with a bitter taste.

I’ve rewatched the doc about 3 times since the annnouncement, and the takeaway I got was that it wasn’t ever a true partnership. Seemingly McMahan put his face, heart and soul into it. Ebersol sat back, arms crossed and waited for the fallout. He never committed 100% (as he didn’t commit his NBC talent), allowed his “partner” to be interviewed and attacked by his lapdog (Bob Costas), and didn’t allow for the contracted second year. The doc was full of smirks, oh SH!Ts, as Ebersol was seemingly embarrassed (and never accepted blame ie. Fuel in the generator, league failure overall).

Seemingly Eborsol had a football problem (lost the NFL), jumped into the XFL, MCMahon oversold it, and he panicked and bailed. It wasn’t his football, but Vince’s.

Now Vince jumps on it first, Ebersol has to respond.
Airdale
Kicker

Post by Airdale »

I did a fast search of that start up league on face book. the "alliance" is part of the NFL
BUT
there is a lot of great talent that can't break into the NFL so we will see football in about 333 days....

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/conte ... g.facebook
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Airdale wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:35 pm I did a fast search of that start up league on face book. the "alliance" is part of the NFL
BUT
there is a lot of great talent that can't break into the NFL so we will see football in about 333 days....

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/conte ... g.facebook
I did get a bad feeling while watching the AAF presser that they were essentially starting developmental league. If the NFL is involved I won't support the AAF even if the XFL doesn't happen. Nothing screams "minor league" like having your daddy (NFL) pay the bills and reap the benefit of developing players. I realize, at least in the beginning, that any new league will be "minor" compared to the NFL (or even NCAA) but I don't want that to be the attitude. Build the league and the players to be a real alternative to the NFL off season and eventually, the NFL itself.

If both leagues (XFL and AAF) were originally the same league (URFL?), I can see why they are now separate.
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

This is the XFL Show podcast re AAF and XFL.

http://thisisthexflshow.com/
This is the XFL Show Episode 8: The Alliance of American Football

With the announcement of the new Alliance of American Football league this week, many questions have been raised as to how this will affect the XFL. Fear, interest, and conspiracy theories ran amok and this week we dissect all of that on a bombshell edition of the program!

(With this being a very unexpected and interesting week for football, we jhave rescheduled and our XFL City Madness will continue next week with the East Region)

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

This was supposedly found on the AAF website but has since been removed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AAF_Football/c ... is_tn_san/

Airdale
Kicker

Post by Airdale »

NFL admitted pulling the Chargers out of San Diego was a mistake now both LA NFL teams draw less than college . BTW, with the XFL knowing which cities will be hosting AAF team, ticket prices, concession prices for those games. I wonder if they will also tap into that same city market like New York teams do , they can share the market at 1/4 the price of an NFL ticket . I doubt a city like Sand Diego will deny access to a facility that can be used every Sunday ( schedule can be worked out, jmo )

oh yeah, I went to the Alliance of American Football face book pwall and posted a few comments.
Mine and others have been deleted as concerning the NFL "take a knee" policy and how they have turned on the fans that support the league
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Boo AAF, nobody wants you! Get out! :twisted:

Ok mini-rant over.
Ready for the team reveals...again
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Steve Spurrier, Mike Singletary among potential coaches for upstart Alliance of American Football
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/sp ... um=twitter
For some older coaches, the Alliance will appeal as a chance to remain connected with the game sans the year-round commitment required to succeed at the NFL and college ranks. Others might view it as a chance to catch the attention of an NFL or college team in hopes of coaching at those levels in the future.

There is monetary appeal, as well. One source told Sporting News there is talk of a $500,000 salary for what amounts primarily to working a preseason, 10-game schedule and four-team playoff format to determine the first Alliance champion.

Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

McKay: We're Not Looking To Be A Developmental Football League
https://cbssports.radio.com/articles/mc ... all-league
“We don’t want to be a developmental league,” McKay said on The DA Show. “Yes, are we looking for a good relationship with the NFL? Absolutely. I think we can be a complementary league to them, but to call us developmental – I don’t think that’s the way we see us. We see that we’re going to have the next-best players in the world, and some of them will actually be better maybe than players that got a chance.”