XFL's momentum is waning

XFL Football discussion.
Sounder
Coach

Re: XFL's momentum is waning

Post by Sounder »

I'd have chosen Oakland. Oh..... and when's the last time Oliver visited Seattle in February? He said something about spring like weather....... truth is......it's been brutal. We had record snows. And that's happening more often than not. And this city ain't Buffalo. It's not prepared for that.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Sounder wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:21 pm I'd have chosen Oakland. Oh..... and when's the last time Oliver visited Seattle in February? He said something about spring like weather....... truth is......it's been brutal. We had record snows. And that's happening more often than not. And this city ain't Buffalo. It's not prepared for that.
The XFL was reportedly interested in Oakland, but the feeling wasn't mutual.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Yeah, Oakland is/was working through its Raider issues. They'll be in the Bay Area soon enough, I'm sure.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

It seems like this week isn't telling us anything more than last week. Outside ok they are still working with the Spring league, ok. We still waiting for the rest of the coaches.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:41 pm Yeah, Oakland is/was working through its Raider issues. They'll be in the Bay Area soon enough, I'm sure.
Yep, I think San Francisco and Philly are the two biggest contenders for expansion.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Sounder wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:21 pm I'd have chosen Oakland. Oh..... and when's the last time Oliver visited Seattle in February? He said something about spring like weather....... truth is......it's been brutal. We had record snows. And that's happening more often than not. And this city ain't Buffalo. It's not prepared for that.
I think Oliver chose Seattle because it’s one of top 20 tv markets. He also experienced the market’s strength with The Sounders when he was running The Dynamo. He loves the fan base. I think Oliver has visions of the XFL being an MLS type league. He’s even using the same business model/plan. Luck has faith in the market and it’s potential. He even admitted that he targeted Zorn immediately for The Seattle job. He worked Jim for months to get him on board. From a business standpoint, it’s hard to argue with Seattle.

As for Oakland. There were rumors that the XFL made a play there but there was a financial/scheduling disagreement between both sides. Oakland has already shown that it plays hard ball as a host with their Raider situation.