XFL's momentum is waning

XFL Football discussion.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Re: XFL's momentum is waning

Post by steinerfhc »

I thought all the Head Coaches and GM where going to be done by the end of March. That not looking so likely now.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I agree, there is very little buzz lately about the XFL. Even this Board is not highly active.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I agree, there is very little buzz lately about the XFL. Even this Board is not highly active.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Speaking of waning, any update on the Freedom Football League?
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

The league that has a picture of the Alamo to represent the Austin Revolution? They're not playing a down. Don't waste the pixels.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:33 pm The league that has a picture of the Alamo to represent the Austin Revolution? They're not playing a down. Don't waste the pixels.
I think that's a concept you're referencing, but your point still stands. The FFL will never see the light of day.
St. Louis BattleHawks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Firecop wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:11 pm Speaking of waning, any update on the Freedom Football League?
The league lost any little credibility they had left when they named one of their teams after a 70's funk band....The Ohio Players.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:38 am
Firecop wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:11 pm Speaking of waning, any update on the Freedom Football League?
The league lost any little credibility they had left when they named one of their teams after a 70's funk band....The Ohio Players.
I'm willing to bet as well that league will never see the light of day in having a game. Even with them saying they have a team in St. Louis where I'm at, I have little faith in that. I looked at twitter and nothing of importance as been said in really since they announced it. I'm hoping this coming week the XFL starts making some news. The last week was slow.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

I'm in Seattle.....and i can assure there's been little if any buzz about it outside of a little rah rah out of Pete Carroll..... and a mention about Jim Zorn...... if only because he's the original Seahawks quarterback. Maybe Vince chose Seattle because Century Link makes 5000 people sound like 20000. I might go if I can get a freebie and a ride home. Parking is tough around here.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Sounder wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:12 pm I'm in Seattle.....and i can assure there's been little if any buzz about it outside of a little rah rah out of Pete Carroll..... and a mention about Jim Zorn...... if only because he's the original Seahawks quarterback. Maybe Vince chose Seattle because Century Link makes 5000 people sound like 20000. I might go if I can get a freebie and a ride home. Parking is tough around here.
The league is a long way from building momentum for each market . It doesn’t have it’s team identities and uniforms yet. No players yet either. They are going to have to build momentum as they go along and make a concentrated effort in their marketing. It’s 11 months away from kickoff.

The XFL has it’s work cut out for them. That’s for sure. In an interview with John Clayton. It was Oliver Luck who sold Vince McMahon on Seattle. It came down to Seattle or the Bay Area.