Conversation died here... What's up next?

XFL Football discussion.
Sykotyk
Quarterback

Conversation died here... What's up next?

Post by Sykotyk »

Let's speculate. What news comes out next?

City or stadium talk?
Rule changes?
Broadcast rumors?
More player suggestions?

What's the next big thing to happen?

I think a stadium deal will happen before the first definitive rule change announcement. Possibly soon. I. E., less than a month from now.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Re: Conversation died here... What's up next?

Post by XFL_FAN »

Yeah I agree, the convo just did die... Speculation could only take us so far. The XFL needs to come out with some news. I think one of the 8 cities will be selected soon (hopefully). Until then, I guess we just wait. :(
Ready for the team reveals...again
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

I believe the XFL will hire front-office staff next. Maybe hire some big names and make a splash.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

We have to start hearing about the people running things pretty soon. Otherwise, we will get the impression that no one is running things :o .

Experts and possibly coaches should be named.

Merchandise should be available as soon as possible. Some twitter hype accounts want to start making t-shirts and stickers to promote their cities and the XFL should help with that. Start getting the idea of a new XFL to those who don't see it on message boards or Twitter. Give me a hat or a t-shirt with "Bring the XFL to ___________" with the new logo!

One of the podcasts had a rumor (speculation) of FOX, and their sports channels, for the XFL along with an XFL channel. That would be nice.

As for rules, it would be nice to be able to test some potential changes with some real action (semi-pro leagues?) to see if they will work. There has been a lot of suggestions but some not very well thought out especially if we want things to be "simpler". Quirky rules such as not allowing field goals in the red zone or no throwing the ball away (both suggestions on a twitter poll) won't make the game simpler in my view. Watching a team lose yards on purpose (to get out of the red zone) in order to kick a field goal is not exciting either. Any new rules should make the game easier to officiate also, not add another judgement call (was he throwing it away or just a bad pass?). Again, it would be nice to try out some suggestions with some actual game play.
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

Mostly lurking right now. Waiting for something good to happen. :|
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.