UFL spring football (XFL and USFL merge)

XFL Football discussion.
Sharonwright
Rookie

UFL spring football (XFL and USFL merge)

Post by Sharonwright »

Shows you how much (read: little) publicity the XFL and USFL get when their leagues announced their official merger in Dec of last year and it was a “tree falls in the forest and no one hears it” kind of situation.

Either way, I believe merging these 2 leagues was the only path to having a chance at a sustainable spring league that truly can act as a feeder for the NFL (especially for QBs who don’t really have much of a chance at all to prove themselves in the NFL before being shuffled aside. At least some backups might come from this league).

Only 8 team (3 in Texas. What?) in the league, split into an XFL and USFL division, but I’m mostly happy that St Louis (after the rams debacle) is one of the cities with a team, since they (and San Antonio I believe) had great fan support for their games.

I’m hopeful they can build a sustainable spring football league and a proper minor league for those players who just might need a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) chance to prove they can contribute in the NFL.

Season starts March 30th. I’ll set the DVR and likely fast forward through most of the games, looking for players i know.