Searching for XFL 2001 full games / VHS tapes

XFL Football discussion.
TravelJack
Linebacker

Searching for XFL 2001 full games / VHS tapes

Post by TravelJack »

Hi!  I'm working on a YouTube channel called the XFL Project.  I'm trying to restore and archive all XFL games for historical preservation.  I'm starting with the 2001 season, which is by far the most challenging project.  The games that are available on YouTube are poor digital transfers of VHS tapes, which makes for barely-watchable quality.  However, I'm taking what I can find on YouTube, and doing what little I can to improve the viewing experience.  In some cases, that means taking the video from one source, and matching it up with the audio from a different source.  Also, sometimes I need to find footage that has been edited out, and re-insert it into the game (halftime reports, for example).  Also I can somewhat improve the poor audio by using both channels and improve the audio levels. 

The holy grail would be access to the original game broadcasts, which are probably locked away in the NBC / WWE vaults somewhere, and unfortunately those are unlikely to ever see the light of day.  So in the meantime, I'm searching for the best available footage that is out there, and that is most likely people's undiscovered VHS tapes.  Even in the last couple of years, some games have emerged on YouTube that have never been seen before.

I feel that the games that are online are bad digital transfers, and if I could get my hands on some VHS tapes, I would love to attempt to do a better quality digital transfer and upload them.  They should be complete unedited games, and in good quality.

If anyone has tapes (or access to the vaults) and would be willing to loan or sell your collection, please get in touch.  Travel.Jack@aol.com
In the meantime, go check out my channel 'XFL Project' and let me know what you think of the work I've done so far.  Links to the original sources are in each video description, so you can compare.

Thanks,
Jack