The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

XFL Football discussion.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by MikeMitchell »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:18 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:33 pmCharged players 187 dollars. I suppose that it's to only encourage serious players.
It's just a cash grab. $187 is more than the AAF was asking for season tickets. If they wanted only serious players, they could make that happen with agents. I covered a few UFL "open tryouts" in Georgia that I swear netted more revenue than any of their games.

On the one hand, it's awfully hard to ask a startup to pass up easy money makers. On the other hand, you're capitalizing on the dreams of guys who often can't afford to be dropping $187. The UFL tryout I went to felt exploitative.
I agree. That was the AAF and UFL's excuse.

I can see not covering travel expenses for every player. I could also understand a small fee and players signing waivers, which is customary from a legal and liability standpoint but charging a kid from say Fordham college 200 dollars to tryout is wrong.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

The XFL is supposed to be signing players for a general pool, correct? I was half under the impression that these would be sort of minicamps for their under contact players? I guess not.

Mike, could you do me a huge favor and let me know if you hear any rumbling about the date of the DC minicamp? I'd love to fly out for it, but the sooner I know when it is, the better the chances of being able to make that happen.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Xfldcnews
Receiver

Post by Xfldcnews »

Tank55 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:48 am The XFL is supposed to be signing players for a general pool, correct? I was half under the impression that these would be sort of minicamps for their under contact players? I guess not.

Mike, could you do me a huge favor and let me know if you hear any rumbling about the date of the DC minicamp? I'd love to fly out for it, but the sooner I know when it is, the better the chances of being able to make that happen.
I second this