The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

XFL Football discussion.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by steinerfhc »

Have to give XFL credit that the hires they have made, have been quality.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I would expect that the last four picks for Head Coaches would all have years of coaching experience, especially in St. Louis. As I said in another thread, if I am the XFL, I would not hire Isaac Bruce as head coach, but instead as President of the St. Louis XFL team. As President of St. Louis XFL he could serve as an Ambassador of the team and not worry at all about the playbook. He can go out and promote the team at various events while the coach formulates his game plan. He could also use his role as President to bring other former teammates on board to promote the team. Isaac Bruce can be the splash hire that the St. Louis XFL team instead of the head coach and St. Louis wouldn't have to go with someone with St. Louis or Missouri ties at Head Coach.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:52 pm I would expect that the last four picks for Head Coaches would all have years of coaching experience, especially in St. Louis. As I said in another thread, if I am the XFL, I would not hire Isaac Bruce as head coach, but instead as President of the St. Louis XFL team. As President of St. Louis XFL he could serve as an Ambassador of the team and not worry at all about the playbook. He can go out and promote the team at various events while the coach formulates his game plan. He could also use his role as President to bring other former teammates on board to promote the team. Isaac Bruce can be the splash hire that the St. Louis XFL team instead of the head coach and St. Louis wouldn't have to go with someone with St. Louis or Missouri ties at Head Coach.
I like your Bruce idea.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MikeMitchell wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:40 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:52 pm I would expect that the last four picks for Head Coaches would all have years of coaching experience, especially in St. Louis. As I said in another thread, if I am the XFL, I would not hire Isaac Bruce as head coach, but instead as President of the St. Louis XFL team. As President of St. Louis XFL he could serve as an Ambassador of the team and not worry at all about the playbook. He can go out and promote the team at various events while the coach formulates his game plan. He could also use his role as President to bring other former teammates on board to promote the team. Isaac Bruce can be the splash hire that the St. Louis XFL team instead of the head coach and St. Louis wouldn't have to go with someone with St. Louis or Missouri ties at Head Coach.
I like your Bruce idea.
The XFL 2.0 says that it's not going to be about gimmicks and hiring Isaac Bruce as head coach for St. Louis despite zero coaching experience would be considered a gimmick and that is why my idea of Bruce being Team President is better. If the XFL wants St. Louis to succeed, then the head coach/GM needs to have years of coaching experience and then you can use Bruce to help sell tickets. Zorn, Hamilton, Stoops and Trestman all have years of coaching experience, so I would expect that the St. Louis coach would be the same. This to me is the most interesting coaching hire left, moreso than LA, Houston and New York.
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

GDAWG wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:43 pm I could see Haslett to St. Louis, Rex Ryan in New York, Jack Del Rio to LA and I don't know to Houston.
How about Bruce Matthews for Houston? Coach or President.
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
XFLSTLOUIS
Receiver

Post by XFLSTLOUIS »

I really like the idea of Isaac Bruce as team president and then combine that with an offensive minded head coach with experience. To have Bruce as the face of the franchise and build relationships in the community to generate fan and business support would be a huge success
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

XFLSTLOUIS wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:01 pm I really like the idea of Isaac Bruce as team president and then combine that with an offensive minded head coach with experience. To have Bruce as the face of the franchise and build relationships in the community to generate fan and business support would be a huge success
it would be better than him as head coach.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Just a quick thought. The XFL might be waiting to see if the AAF goes under to see which coaches become available; Spurrier, at the very least, would definitely be worth snapping up. Of course, Tampa would be the natural place for him, so who knows if that's still workable.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:38 pm Just a quick thought. The XFL might be waiting to see if the AAF goes under to see which coaches become available; Spurrier, at the very least, would definitely be worth snapping up. Of course, Tampa would be the natural place for him, so who knows if that's still workable.
Quick but good thought. Martz and Neuheisel may want to move up to the XFL as well 8-)
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:38 pm Just a quick thought. The XFL might be waiting to see if the AAF goes under to see which coaches become available; Spurrier, at the very least, would definitely be worth snapping up. Of course, Tampa would be the natural place for him, so who knows if that's still workable.
Martz could be the St. Louis head coach if the AAF were to fold.