Announcement New Year's Eve

XFL Football discussion.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Announcement New Year's Eve

Post by MarkNelson »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:09 pm If it's UFL, I am not certain that the previous owner of the trademark is going to have issues with it because that owner (Joe McClendon) likely doesn't want his scam to be revealed at a national level.
I hope its not UFL.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

MarkNelson wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:11 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:09 pm If it's UFL, I am not certain that the previous owner of the trademark is going to have issues with it because that owner (Joe McClendon) likely doesn't want his scam to be revealed at a national level.
I hope its not UFL.
I remember one of the last times the UFL was active they did a poll of whether they should play in spring 2013 (or possibly 2014, don't remember which). It either wasn't positive or there wasn't much of one because there wasn't much of a fanbase left. Nonetheless the one thing I can see is it plays off UBF, and by extension Player 54, so there's that.

But yeah the lasting image of it is probably Paul Pelosi vowing to pay the players (what a concept!), and then two weeks later Howard David ends the final broadcast mostly the same way Brent Musberger did the national championship game after he was fired by CBS (and to a lesser extent Scott Hudson on the final WCW Worldwide). Not sure enough time has lapsed, and Joe McLendon isn't helping (even though there's probably literally about 26 people who know about that crap).
nickp1991
Kicker

Post by nickp1991 »

to drop the news on an NFL Sunday with that large, interested audience tuning in
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

I hope its not UFL.
I'm not crazy about it for a few reasons, but it is interesting to note that while UFLFootball.com once was an active site run by the actual UFL football league (with an update as recently as this summer), it now won't open as it says the server's IP address can't be found.
@gregmparks
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

FWIW:

Seattle Sea Dragons showing a sign of life.

GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:00 pm
I hope its not UFL.
I'm not crazy about it for a few reasons, but it is interesting to note that while UFLFootball.com once was an active site run by the actual UFL football league (with an update as recently as this summer), it now won't open as it says the server's IP address can't be found.
It's been down before, only for it to be back up a few days later.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:04 pm FWIW:

Seattle Sea Dragons showing a sign of life.

I had to chuckle when I saw that. My first thought, only semi-seriously, was, “some social media manager must’ve logged in to the wrong account.”
@gregmparks
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Seattle Dragons
not dead.gif
not dead.gif (319.14 KiB) Viewed 7710 times
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Hey Maulers/Dragons at Lumen 3/30? Let's go.

FWIW, the Dragons are still on the Lumen homepage.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Maybe they will go with UXFL in a lame attempting keep everyone .
Direct from the Dragon's Lair