Announcement New Year's Eve

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Announcement New Year's Eve

Post by GDAWG »

Having Seattle there is interesting. It leads me to think that there could be another Western based team in 2025
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MarkNelson wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:07 pm
4th&long wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:38 pm Is that graphic a new "X" ?
It looks like a football to me. Not sure if it will say UFL or NSFL or something like the mockup I made.

GCnJyIrbgAAkttd.jpg
OH ok i see it. I was thinking the black "<" could be back to back kinda like "><" making a new "X". But I like the FB shape instead.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Let's Roll!!!

>>James Larsen@JamesLarsenPFN
Tomorrow will be the day we've been waiting for... for way too long.

Expecting tomorrow's announcement to mainly focus on the merger itself, introducing the #UFL (United Football League) brand.

Finalization of teams & overall structure to likely come during the week, potentially Monday per @ByMikeMitchell.

Kicking off the new year with a bang. #USFL #XFL
3:00 PM · Dec 30, 2023<<

FB Rules!
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

4th&long wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:46 pm
MarkNelson wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:07 pm
4th&long wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:38 pm Is that graphic a new "X" ?
It looks like a football to me. Not sure if it will say UFL or NSFL or something like the mockup I made.

GCnJyIrbgAAkttd.jpg
OH ok i see it. I was thinking the black "<" could be back to back kinda like "><" making a new "X". But I like the FB shape instead.
This is what I was thinking too...
4th&long
MVP

James Larsen more details: Announcement New Year's Eve

Post by 4th&long »

https://nitter.net/JamesLarsenPFN/statu ... 68019552#m

>> James Larsen@JamesLarsenPFN
1h
While tomorrow's announcement isn't likely to hold much else other than the new league name & official merger acknowledgement, here's a couple of things I've heard, per sources:

- #UFL Championship game currently set for June 15th (hearing St. Louis...not confirmed quite yet)
- The Houston franchise, interestingly enough, should be branded as the Roughnecks, but will feature the Gamblers players/coaches/staff
- Daryl Johnston (#USFL President) will retain a role in the UFL, expected to fill the hole that Marc Ross (EVP, Football Ops) left the #XFL with a couple of months ago
- First dispersal draft is now tentatively set for January 5th

As always, given the fluidity of this situation up until this point, things can still technically change until the league(s) make things official. Not everything will be announced tomorrow, as the 8 finalized teams may not come until later this week.

Dec 31, 2023 <<
sdem
Kicker

Post by sdem »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:06 pm Having Seattle there is interesting. It leads me to think that there could be another Western based team in 2025
Please be serious y'all. It's not indicative of anything, it's just the XFL using all of its accounts at its disposal to maximize the reach of the announcement.