XFL confirms Arlington hub, February 24 training camp start

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: XFL confirms Arlington hub, February 24 training camp start

Post by GDAWG »

Rmbay wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:53 am
GDAWG wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:22 am If he's still involved in this merged league, Darryl Johnston won't have to stay in a hotel room for the summer doing league stuff.

:)

I also have doubts about the long term future of Choctaw Stadium as I don't think the stadium will be around in a decade.
I'm not sure there's much to worry about with regards to Choctaw. In the latter part of a decade this league with either not exist or it should be financially stable enough to where the new team owners should be able to find a home, whether it's Jerry World, Globe Life or another alternative.
I am going with the league not existing in a decade. Choctaw doesn't just host the Renegades but other teams too like North Texas SC, a developmental team of FC Dallas and the Dallas Jackals of Major League Rugby, who likely won't be around in a decade either.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:03 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:22 am If he's still involved in this merged league, Darryl Johnston won't have to stay in a hotel room for the summer doing league stuff.

:)

I also have doubts about the long term future of Choctaw Stadium as I don't think the stadium will be around in a decade.
I'm not sure there's much to worry about with regards to Choctaw. In the latter part of a decade this league with either not exist or it should be financially stable enough to where the new team owners should be able to find a home, whether it's Jerry World, Globe Life or another alternative.
I am going with the league not existing in a decade. Choctaw doesn't just host the Renegades but other teams too like North Texas SC, a developmental team of FC Dallas and the Dallas Jackals of Major League Rugby, who likely won't be around in a decade either.
Come on man! :mrgreen:
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:39 pm
The odds of a spring outdoor league lasting longer than 3-4 years is nonexistent, so I don't see this league making it to their tenth season.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:42 pm

The odds of a spring outdoor league lasting longer than 3-4 years is nonexistent, so I don't see this league making it to their tenth season.
The transfer portal will probably be its own league by then
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MGB01 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:32 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:42 pm

The transfer portal will probably be its own league by then
If the NCAA doesn't restrict it then yes.