Post by GDAWG »

The Renegades QBs:

- Luis Perez
- Kevin Anderson
- Kelly Bryant
- Holton Ahlers
- Conner Degenhardt
- Conner Blumrick

They are not going to keep all of them, so why are they stockpiling QBs? Now Blumrick has also played Tight End, so that versatility will keep him around. Plus they have the rights to Anthony Gordon and Drew Plitt might return and if both show up, it's 8 QBs. Now it is possible that Bryant and Anderson won't return in 2024, but right now they are on the Renegades. Now San Antonio does have 5 QBs listed, but it seems unlikely that Kurt Benkert will be back.

So what's Bob Stoops gameplan at the QB position here?
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Renegades stockpiling QBs...but why?

Post by GregParks »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:13 pm The Renegades QBs:

- Luis Perez
- Kevin Anderson
- Kelly Bryant
- Holton Ahlers
- Conner Degenhardt
- Conner Blumrick

They are not going to keep all of them, so why are they stockpiling QBs? Now Blumrick has also played Tight End, so that versatility will keep him around. Plus they have the rights to Anthony Gordon and Drew Plitt might return and if both show up, it's 8 QBs. Now it is possible that Bryant and Anderson won't return in 2024, but right now they are on the Renegades. Now San Antonio does have 5 QBs listed, but it seems unlikely that Kurt Benkert will be back.

According to reports, for the upcoming dispersal draft, teams will only be able to protect 42 players. I'm assuming those signing LOIs will be eligible to be protected even if they're not technically under contract (as for those drafted/claimed who haven't signed LOIs...I have no idea). So obviously they're not going to protect all of them. I would expect Perez and Ahlers to be protected and MAYBE one more. And as you noted, maybe some don't return in 2024 and the staff knows that but it hasn't been reflected on the transactions/roster pages yet.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Renegades stockpiling QBs...but why?

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:28 pm
GDAWG wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:13 pm The Renegades QBs:

- Luis Perez
- Kevin Anderson
- Kelly Bryant
- Holton Ahlers
- Conner Degenhardt
- Conner Blumrick

According to reports, for the upcoming dispersal draft, teams will only be able to protect 42 players. I'm assuming those signing LOIs will be eligible to be protected even if they're not technically under contract (as for those drafted/claimed who haven't signed LOIs...I have no idea). So obviously they're not going to protect all of them. I would expect Perez and Ahlers to be protected and MAYBE one more. And as you noted, maybe some don't return in 2024 and the staff knows that but it hasn't been reflected on the transactions/roster pages yet.
I think they keep both Connor's since Blumrick has played Tight End and could move there.