USFLPA Statement -plus Merger agreement not Finalized

XFL Football discussion.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: USFLPA Statement -plus Merger agreement not Finalized

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GregParks wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:42 pm I appreciate what the UFPA is trying to do and agree with some of their points about players losing jobs and such that was made in their statement yesterday.

But the USFL already has a player's union; the XFL players voted against having one. The UFPA has no seat at the table here, nor should they. That is the responsibility of the USFLPA. The UFPA can disagree with how the USFLPA has handled the loss of jobs in the merger, but the idea that they think they should have a seat at the table when they're not even a union seems foolhardy to me.

They're welcome to keep putting out statements to draw attention to the loss of player jobs, but I don't think they should be infringing on what an actual union, the USFLPA, is trying to do, either.
If anyone has any awareness of the history of the UFPA, you all know full well that butting into issues where they're not involved is PRECISELY what they've done their whole existence.
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFLPA Statement -plus Merger agreement not Finalized

Post by 4th&long »

MarkNelson wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:33 pm The UFPA remains as a voice for players not in a union or players association. The USFLPA pointed out the UFPA does not represent players. Well, that’s nice. But players need the voices speaking for them at this moment because approx. half of them are looking at losing their jobs and most feel they are in the dark.

We all heard DG and DJ telling us the XFL is a league for the players for over a year. Where are their voices now that they’re laying off half their precious workforce?

The USFLPA needs to join forces with UFPA resources and fight for the players especially now that decisions are being made.
Well I guess I never took these cliche BS talking points seriously. They were nothing more than PR look at me type quotes. Also it was always RBC's money so what RK/DG say I always take with grain of salt.