XFL Team Names Update

XFL Football discussion.
XFLSTLOUIS
Receiver

XFL Team Names Update

Post by XFLSTLOUIS »

Are there any updates regarding team names and logos?
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: XFL Team Names Update

Post by MikeMitchell »

XFLSTLOUIS wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:10 pm Are there any updates regarding team names and logos?
I think everyone is most interested in this and the TV deal It sounds like we are about a month away from the team names and logos being revealed.

I think that the league is naming all the head coaches/general managers first, and then going into team names. We are halfway home on the coach/gm hires. Somewhere in all of this will be the TV deal. By May, we should know all of this. I am hoping that by April, we get all the team names. If it's 1 coach announcement per week, then by the end of March. Al 8 hires should be official. We got 4 more to go.

The league has a lot of work to do. They still have to hire team presidents and staffs for each city. They have to figure out where all these teams are going to have their headquarters and practice. They are in the midst of scouting players that are turning pro and otherwise.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Luck has alluded to the fact the team names will be released in April. This seems like a delay, but this is the latest news.

Have you noticed how everything the XFL was to announce has been "leaked" one way or the other? Do you want to bet the team names will be leaked prior to the announcement?

Seriously, I wonder where all these leaks are coming from.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
XFLSTLOUIS
Receiver

Post by XFLSTLOUIS »

I thought that the XFL had indicated that their approach to logo development and branding would be different from the AAF who had one agency design all of the logos and team branding concepts. The XFL has stated at one point that each team would be working with a local agency in their city for logo development and branding.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

mnelson wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:12 pm Luck has alluded to the fact the team names will be released in April. This seems like a delay, but this is the latest news.

Have you noticed how everything the XFL was to announce has been "leaked" one way or the other? Do you want to bet the team names will be leaked prior to the announcement?

Seriously, I wonder where all these leaks are coming from.
The coaching leaks are probably deliberate in order to create some buzz for a few days. Not sure if the city announcements were, though
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
MikeSherman
Receiver

Post by MikeSherman »

XFLSTLOUIS wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:58 pm I thought that the XFL had indicated that their approach to logo development and branding would be different from the AAF who had one agency design all of the logos and team branding concepts. The XFL has stated at one point that each team would be working with a local agency in their city for logo development and branding.
I think that would be smart, but I had not heard that. I was under the impression that WWE would do everything in-house.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

MikeSherman wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:07 am
XFLSTLOUIS wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:58 pm I thought that the XFL had indicated that their approach to logo development and branding would be different from the AAF who had one agency design all of the logos and team branding concepts. The XFL has stated at one point that each team would be working with a local agency in their city for logo development and branding.
I think that would be smart, but I had not heard that. I was under the impression that WWE would do everything in-house.
What hasn't been announced yet is who the league's official uniform designer will be? If the XFL unveils names, colors and logo. Will the uniforms be unveiled at the same time or shortly thereafter. Sometimes a uniform design can save or make an average team name better.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

MikeMitchell wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:37 am
What hasn't been announced yet is who the league's official uniform designer will be? If the XFL unveils names, colors and logo. Will the uniforms be unveiled at the same time or shortly thereafter. Sometimes a uniform design can save or make an average team name better.
Or make a great team name worse. Also the logos have the same power. A great name with a bad logo won't work.
Ready for the team reveals...again
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XFL_FAN wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:00 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:37 am

Or make a great team name worse. Also the logos have the same power. A great name with a bad logo won't work.
That’s true. A lot of pressure on the league to get these teams identities, logos and uniforms rights. There are going to be people upset at the reveals regardless , because everyone has different taste in team names, colors or logos. It’s pretty much guaranteed. Not everyone is going to be in favor of a specific name, logo or color scheme. You need to avoid universal backlash. Like if it’s The Seattle String Beans, they might as well fold the league immediately.

Sometimes a team name can stick if packaged properly. The Dodgers is a team name based on people dodging street trolleys in old New York.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

mnelson wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:12 pm Luck has alluded to the fact the team names will be released in April. This seems like a delay, but this is the latest news
What the league should do is when they eventually release this big news. They should do it in full force.

Release the team names, logos and uniforms all at the same time. Start selling merchandise immediately.

When the tv deal is announced. Release the entire regular season schedule for all 8 teams. Complete with kickoff times and the networks these games will be on. Start selling tickets immediately. Give yourself a 10 month head start.