Merger timeline speculation

XFL Football discussion.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Re: Merger timeline speculation

Post by FootballYoda »

XFLUSFLGUY wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:43 pm
I’m getting CFL merger vibes here. What are the chances this doesn’t happen?
That would be lovely.

Does anyone else want to tell NewsHub to shut the heck up? I mean, how many different takes on this is enough before we figure out it is all just a platter of nothing burgers🙄
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

XFLUSFLGUY wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:43 pm Xflnewshub states that information being passed around on the internet/twitter is wrong in terms of teams and timelines. Also states that government approval has NOT happened yet and are still going back and forth about issues. Announcement probably not next week either.

10%.
Last edited by GDAWG on Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

XFLUSFLGUY wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:43 pm Xflnewshub states that information being passed around on the internet/twitter is wrong in terms of teams and timelines. Also states that government approval has NOT happened yet and are still going back and forth about issues. Announcement probably not next week either.

It’s simply difficult to believe anything from these sources. The real truth is we’re in limbo until the actual details are revealed. Maybe decisions are still being made? We are in the dark. There is a thread on here labelled Schrödinger’s XFL. So accurate.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

The government may want to look at the books of both leagues before giving the approval. Don't know how much there's to hide, as neither league is obviously making a profit. however, there may be some nefarious bookkeeping that's causing a holdup
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

laxtreme56 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:30 pm The government may want to look at the books of both leagues before giving the approval. Don't know how much there's to hide, as neither league is obviously making a profit. however, there may be some nefarious bookkeeping that's causing a holdup
I think it’s more likely that expecting the government to get something done in 30 days was giving them much too much credit. I always expected longer because, well, it’s the government after all.
@gregmparks
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Ahhh, speculation on steroids, how fun! Maybe the MLF will buy out both leagues - makes as much sense as anything else 🤪
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Funny, their pinned Tweet on their X/Twitter account is something about the Michigan Panthers on-sale ticket date being Nov. 7th and how that jives with what they've heard about a USFL-XFL merger announcement for early November. So are they disputing their own reporting? Or are these separate MM/Mark Perry sources that are hearing different things?
@gregmparks
XFLUSFLGUY
Running Back

Post by XFLUSFLGUY »

It sounded like what he was saying in the podcast was that his two sources, one from each side(so I’m assuming one in the XFL one in the USFL) are telling him that reports like what we’re getting from Harold Balzer and others, are not accurate at all and nothing has been set yet.

It’s at about the 5 minute mark where he starts talking about it specifically
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Understood. My post was just in response to yours saying News Hub is now reporting that governmental approval hasn't even come yet, when previously they had reported that expectations were a merger announcement would come in early November (their current pinned Tweet). Those two reports would seem to be in conflict with one another.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

The league just don't want the cat out of the bag before the New League makes its own PR announcement. The mixed messages are just throwing everyone off. If the deal really is in trouble one of these leagues is folding.