XFL players in the NFL - regular season edition

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: XFL players in the NFL - regular season edition

Post by GregParks »

I believe Bryant is the 66th XFL 2023 player to sign an NFL contract this season.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:12 pm
GregParks wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:09 pm
MGB01 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:26 am Seahawks activate Austin Faoliu from PUP
Seems like a good opportunity to plug my column on tracking how XFL players are doing in the NFL, including weekly performances, transactions, tryouts, and more.

https://xflboard.com/news/taylor-heinic ... week-nine/
And with the two leagues becoming one, might get our first tag action of the season if Levi Bell gets an elevation (I posted about Bell and Matthew Gotel having a combined TFL back in the preseason)
Which won't be this week as Fao was actually waived (then re-signed to the PS), presumably so Kenny McIntosh can make his debut.

Incidentally, McIntosh was injured in the first place when he was tackled in the team scrimmage by...................Levi Bell, small world :D
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

New Texans kicker Matt Ammendola - who kicked the game-winning FG after being a practice squad elevation for injured Ka'imi Fairbairn - was actually claimed by the Houston Roughnecks back in August.
@gregmparks
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

GregParks wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:19 pm I believe Bryant is the 66th XFL 2023 player to sign an NFL contract this season.
QB Drew Plitt signing with Cincy today makes 67.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

PJ Walker waived: XFL players in the NFL - regular season edition

Post by 4th&long »

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... cleveland/

>> The Browns waived Walker on Saturday, Kelsey Russo of the Browns' official site reports.

Walker was behind both Joe Flacco and Dorian Thompson-Robinson on Cleveland's depth chart, and he hadn't started a game in almost six weeks. The 28-year-old quarterback appeared in six games for the Browns this season, throwing for 674 yards, one touchdown and five interceptions. <<

Poor play finally bit him in azz, he got waiver Saturday to make room for other players on active roster. Some bad INTs that should have been avoided. Does he make a trip back to USXFL?

PJ has earned over $5 million in NFL since his XFL 2020 short season.
Sounder
Coach

Re: PJ Walker waived: XFL players in the NFL - regular season edition

Post by Sounder »

4th&long wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:59 am https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... cleveland/

>> The Browns waived Walker on Saturday, Kelsey Russo of the Browns' official site reports.

Walker was behind both Joe Flacco and Dorian Thompson-Robinson on Cleveland's depth chart, and he hadn't started a game in almost six weeks. The 28-year-old quarterback appeared in six games for the Browns this season, throwing for 674 yards, one touchdown and five interceptions. <<

Poor play finally bit him in azz, he got waiver Saturday to make room for other players on active roster. Some bad INTs that should have been avoided. Does he make a trip back to USXFL?

I would not blame P.J. It's CLEVELAND dammit.....THATS the problem......and it's been that way for a long time.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Sounder wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:28 am
4th&long wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:59 am https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... cleveland/

I would not blame P.J. It's CLEVELAND dammit.....THATS the problem......and it's been that way for a long time.
Walker is back on Cleveland's practice squad, FWIW.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

What would you expect from someone that drools all over Mike Florio?

BTW, PJW is the only QB on either a practice squad or 53 to have beaten the 49ers this year.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:02 am

Good. I thought he was doing ok - but over trying and made costly mistakes. Who is the "backup" to Flunko?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:07 pm
GregParks wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:02 am

Good. I thought he was doing ok - but over trying and made costly mistakes. Who is the "backup" to Flunko?
Dorian Thompson-Robinson, who actually did have two snaps last game (one five-yard rush)