XFL players cut as teams build opening day rosters

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: XFL players cut as teams build opening day rosters

Post by GregParks »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:39 pm Sooner or later, Jordan Ta'amu is going to have to turn down any future NFL offers. He's been cut nine times, so there has to be a breaking point for him.
I guess being in an NFL camp never hurts. He certainly knew what he was getting into signing this late in the preseason. I did feel bad for him though watching him, helmet on, on the sidelines when he was expected to play in the second half (per the TV announcers) but they kept Jaren Hall in the entire game.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:39 pm Sooner or later, Jordan Ta'amu is going to have to turn down any future NFL offers. He's been cut nine times, so there has to be a breaking point for him.
Yeah going back to what I said last week, if you're basically being just used to force-feed a mediocre fifth rounder (who's also already 25) as QB3 doesn't seem worth it.

Nothing wrong with merely being a spring league legend, didn't seem to hurt Tony Graziani
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Abram Smith has also been waived.
But why, though? If anything, something like the XFL or USFL gives him a somewhat steady income that allows him to pursue NFL gigs in his offseason. So he gets to play a few preseason fourth-quarter games in an NFL uniform and collect a few thousand more a week for the privilege. Unless you're that worried about getting hurt, why not? Being a camp body is not a horrible life.

If anything, the NFL will make that decision for him. "How many times has he missed the opening day roster now? Why bother bringing him in? Let's go with someone who actually has a future in this league..."
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

McGhin also cut by the Bills the other day. Apparently they're hellbent on getting Josh Allen hurt again.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Ben DiNucci was cut by Denver. Expect him on the practice squad.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:08 am Ben DiNucci was cut by Denver. Expect him on the practice squad.
A lot of teams are apparently going with only 2 QBs on active roster despite the third QB rule. As far as I know right now, Dallas is the only team intending to use 3 QBs on the active roster but we'll see what happens the rest of the day.
rufoven
Kicker

Post by rufoven »

I just saw that Nathat Rourke was also cut. I hope he gets another chance at leats on a PS
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

While Dan Whelan is likely the only XFL player to stick on a 53-man roster after today, a couple of punters in Drue Chrisman and Arryn Siposs were released and could be claimed by the Packers tomorrow if they prefer them to Whelan.
@gregmparks
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Also interesting that while there have been several kickers traded, Detroit hasn't been in on any of them. They still have both Riley Patterson and Parker Romo on the roster.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Reid Sinnett released by Bengals.