Does anyone know the cost of each XFL 3.0 stadium on a per game basis?

XFL Football discussion.
sdem
Kicker

Does anyone know the cost of each XFL 3.0 stadium on a per game basis?

Post by sdem »

Seemingly STL costs around $100k with concessions owed entirely to the STL events commission (but they get $2 per ticket PAID TO the XFL if they reach >20k attendees).

TDECU in Houston cost the league between $35-40k a game and a $2 per ticket surcharge, as well as UH dipping into both concession and merchandise, which likely made it uneconomical for the XFL considering they were pulling around 11k a game as compared to STL's 35k. APPARENTLY most of the current leases carried over from 2.0, hence why the league is pulling the plug NOW on TDECU.

The Alamodome cost the AAF around $250k after 4 games, and just as a point of reference, they drew 27k on average! I imagine 3.0 might've been able to get a better deal on this lease because it wasn't a carryover from 2.0. Seems like Vince and Oliver were just horrific negotiators, as the league was planning on paying $150k per game at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, where crowds were pretty lackluster.

So, that brings me to my question, does anyone know how much DC, Orlando, Seattle, cost the league?
BattleHawks
Running Back

Re: Does anyone know the cost of each XFL 3.0 stadium on a per game basis?

Post by BattleHawks »

i am interested in seeing these numbers

may i ask where / how you found them?

thanks
sdem
Kicker

Post by sdem »

BattleHawks wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:46 am i am interested in seeing these numbers

thanks
https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-teams/xfl-to ... s-4-times/
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

BattleHawks wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:46 am i am interested in seeing these numbers

thanks
They've been in news reports... and some of it could be deduced by bankruptcy filings, though that's led to some conflicting reports, especially with regard to whether the Vipers were paying rent in Tampa or not.

To address the OP... Vince and Oliver also had around $400M liquidated at the time to get the league started, which meant they could afford to be less stingy with stadium rent. (Plus Luck was a Houston guy so he likely gave TDECU a sweetheart deal.) Plus UH is renovating the stadium and likely needs it for the offseason (so if Fox and the USFL think they can swoop in and put the Gamblers in there, they can forget it).

There were conflicting reports about Tampa Bay, as at least one report said they were getting a rent-free deal in 2020.