PAC-12 status and media rights deal

XFL Football discussion.
BattleHawks
Running Back

Re: PAC-12 status and media rights deal

Post by BattleHawks »

also, i am still surprised B1G would even want the bay area, i know it's a big market but no one there even watches those games
BattleHawks
Running Back

Post by BattleHawks »

okay, i keep seeing rumors ( on Tweeter ) that directly contradict each other, so i think i will just sit back and watch, lmao
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

BattleHawks wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:05 pm okay, i keep seeing rumors ( on Tweeter ) that directly contradict each other, so i think i will just sit back and watch, lmao
Not sure what you are seeing - but there are rumors of Oregon & Wash OR Oregon/Wash/Cali/Standford. I think the former is more likely and I don't see either getting a full B10 share as Media partners are hesitant and that's why the later option is unlikely as media partners don't care about Cali/Standford
4th&long
MVP

ASU AZ Board of Regents to meet again Thursday...

Post by 4th&long »

https://arizonasports.com/story/3530070 ... 12-future/

>> The Arizona Board of Regents will meet virtually Thursday evening to address Arizona State and Arizona athletics with uncertainty surrounding the Pac-12.

ASU and Arizona are reportedly being targeted by the Big 12 after the conference earned a commitment from the Colorado Buffaloes last week. The schools would need approval from the ABOR in order to leave the Pac-12.

The board met Tuesday in a private executive session. It was unclear whether conference affiliation and the media rights deal was discussed.<<
BattleHawks
Running Back

Post by BattleHawks »

4th&long wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:07 pm
BattleHawks wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:05 pm okay, i keep seeing rumors ( on Tweeter ) that directly contradict each other, so i think i will just sit back and watch, lmao
Not sure what you are seeing - but there are rumors of Oregon & Wash OR Oregon/Wash/Cali/Standford. I think the former is more likely and I don't see either getting a full B10 share as Media partners are hesitant and that's why the later option is unlikely as media partners don't care about Cali/Standford
yeah i was seeing stuff like X is 100% staying / X is 100% leaving, pretty silly
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

BattleHawks wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:37 pm
4th&long wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:07 pm
yeah i was seeing stuff like X is 100% staying / X is 100% leaving, pretty silly
Well that is real rumor but what is not is that B1G Ten committee meeting on expansion:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... nstability

>> The Big Ten's exploration of potential expansion, which the league generally acknowledged Wednesday, underscores the fragility of the overall collegiate landscape and casts a pall over the future of the Pac-12.

In the wake of a Yahoo Sports report Wednesday that the Big Ten has begun "exploratory discussions" about potential additions, the Big Ten said in a statement: "It's also commissioner's job to keep conference chancellors and presidents informed about new developments as they occur."

That statement hints at the instability in the Pac-12, which lost Colorado to the Big 12 last week. The league was presented a primarily Apple streaming deal Tuesday that was met with tepid reactions because of issues with exposure and guaranteed money.<<

ie sharks in the water
4th&long
MVP

B1G Ten moving fast on Oregon Washington descision

Post by 4th&long »

>> Pete Thamel@PeteThamel
Sources: The Big Ten’s presidents met early Thursday morning and authorized Commissioner Tony Petitti to explore expansion and bring them back more information on Oregon and Washington as potential Big Ten members. No offers have been made,
11:51 AM · Aug 3, 2023 <<

MORE...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... er-report/

>> Big Ten leaders authorize commissioner to explore adding Oregon, Washington as expansion teams, per report
The league is reportedly taking additional steps while considering adding the Ducks and Huskies to the conference<<
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

The "decisive" leadership of the B1G is totally being led around by the media here, nevermind Kevin Warren left like an accomplished version of Larry Scott--the unfinished TV deal, let's not forget about that, has a chance to be their Comcast debacle that LS stuck the P12 with. Oh do I need to remind you that all of these P12 defectors (except for CU supposedly but didn't stop them from signing off) backed him until it was too much? I already look forward to USC blaming Tony Petitti for their latest on-field embarrassment, which is why if I'm whatever the P12 becomes, I welcome Tulane with open arms :twisted:

Good luck running a 20-team league, taking bets on how many end up becoming Florida State by the end of the deal.
4th&long
MVP

ESPN: Sources: Arizona deal with Big 12 expected to be finalized soon

Post by 4th&long »

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... lized-soon

>> Arizona is in deep discussions about joining the Big 12, sources told ESPN, with a deal expected to be finalized in the near future.

The school is amid the final steps, sources said, including detailing the move in an Arizona Board of Regents meeting Thursday night. Big 12 presidents and CEOs met Thursday to vote on approving the move, sources confirmed to ESPN, another sign of the likelihood of it happening.

Barring an unexpected turn in the Board of Regents meeting, Arizona's decision is expected be formalized soon, sources said. <<

AND

https://www.outkick.com/arizona-approve ... he-pac-12/

>> But more importantly, Wallace is reporting that the Big 12 has officially approved the Wildcats to join the conference. The Arizona Board of Regents is meeting late Thursday evening to vote on the university’s decision to jump ship. <<
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, might as well have gone UConn if they're gonna go the basketball route. Arizona is the equivalent of USC football when it comes to disappointing in March (as on display once again this past dance). If they were keeping it football, just throw the bag at Utah.

I'm not sure what adding the Territorial Cup (assuming they can also grab the other two*) adds here other than staying with the SEC and B1G.

(*Not the the four corners, since the fourth would technically be UNM)