XFL coaching changes for 2024

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

XFL coaching changes for 2024

Post by GregParks »

Per Randy Mueller on the Local Defenders podcast, any coaching changes will likely be made official after the first of June. Wanted to use this thread to track those changes.

I believe the first one was just announced, as Houston ST Coordinator Greg McMahon was just hired for the same position at Tulane.

@gregmparks
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: XFL coaching changes for 2024

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

I hope the XFL is more transparent with coaching replacements. This "resigned for personal reasons " nonsense the USFL pulled last year was an embarrassment.

If they want to fire Woodson, Ward, or anyone, at least have the cojones to say so directly.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:04 pm I hope the XFL is more transparent with coaching replacements. This "resigned for personal reasons " nonsense the USFL pulled last year was an embarrassment.

If they want to fire Woodson, Ward, or anyone, at least have the cojones to say so directly.
Trying to remember if that was the case with Sumlin, then he turns up at UMD a few days later, then Locksley turns around and hires Josh Gattis--meaning Sumlin might as well have just gone ahead and done that
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

MGB01 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:17 am
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:04 pm I hope the XFL is more transparent with coaching replacements. This "resigned for personal reasons " nonsense the USFL pulled last year was an embarrassment.

Trying to remember if that was the case with Sumlin, then he turns up at UMD a few days later, then Locksley turns around and hires Josh Gattis--meaning Sumlin might as well have just gone ahead and done that
Sumlin had a job lined up.

Jeff Fisher and Kirby Wilson... you'd have to be a total sycophant to think they weren't fired.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:09 am
MGB01 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:17 am

Sumlin had a job lined up.

Jeff Fisher and Kirby Wilson... you'd have to be a total sycophant to think they weren't fired.
Wilson, got canned for sure, Fisher wanted out. He didn't seem to want to put the effort in especially with XFL coming that required more involvement.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

@gregmparks
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

I'm not on social media really, so is this essentially going to become Twitter for conservatives and whatever the new one is called for liberals?
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Invaders wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:51 pm I'm not on social media really, so is this essentially going to become Twitter for conservatives and whatever the new one is called for liberals?
Do we really need to get into that here, on an XFL message board, in a thread about coaching changes?
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GregParks wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:56 pm
Invaders wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:51 pm I'm not on social media really, so is this essentially going to become Twitter for conservatives and whatever the new one is called for liberals?
Do we really need to get into that here, on an XFL message board, in a thread about coaching changes?
Well he obviously posted in the wrong thread but considering Zuck and Elon have both been all over the place in the last decade-plus I'm not sure that even applies (aside from my own views on the false right/left dichotomy)
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

MGB01 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:12 pm
GregParks wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:56 pm
Well he obviously posted in the wrong thread but considering Zuck and Elon have both been all over the place in the last decade-plus I'm not sure that even applies (aside from my own views on the false right/left dichotomy)
Whoops. Definitely the wrong thread. Don't want to discuss politics, just curious why there's a need for an apparently redundant app.