Site Admin

XFL Transactions, March 30, 2023

Post by admin »

XFL Transactions, March 30, 2023

GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: XFL Transactions, March 30, 2023

Post by GregParks »

Looks like a lot of players on IR were being released this week, including Olenga and Bradley for Orlando yesterday. According to Mike Mitchell, if you are placed on IR but it's not IR/Designated for Return, you can't return and play for that team. It's an odd rule and I don't understand the point of it, but that might be why you're seeing guys getting released from there this week: They're healthy but can't play for the team that IR'd them.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Re: XFL Transactions, March 30, 2023

Post by MGB01 »

GregParks wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:38 am Looks like a lot of players on IR were being released this week, including Olenga and Bradley for Orlando yesterday. According to Mike Mitchell, if you are placed on IR but it's not IR/Designated for Return, you can't return and play for that team. It's an odd rule and I don't understand the point of it, but that might be why you're seeing guys getting released from there this week: They're healthy but can't play for the team that IR'd them.
I don't know how it used to work in the NFL before the rules were pretty much remade, but the whole point of IR (esp when you had D/R) was for teams not to skirt around them by stashing guys there and saving a roster spot. So here it looks like more or less that rule.

But the second part of it seems strange, even if a player's "cleared waivers" (essentially the equivalent here). I'd need more on it.