RBC and NFL sign deal on Sunday Ticket Out-of-Home

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: RBC and NFL sign deal on Sunday Ticket Out-of-Home

Post by GDAWG »

DavedaHammer wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:33 am
GDAWG wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:11 pm
DavedaHammer wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:12 pm Look for Cardinal to bail on the league since he now has a money making deal with the NFL. It's the closest thing as getting a NFL team that Cardinal would've gotten which was the plan along
His name hasn't been linked to the Commanders and there aren't any other teams up for sale anytime soon (either majority or minority), so it's unlikely he's going to pull the plug on the XFL for an NFL team.

Also, it's Cardinale, not Cardinal. Cardinal is already in the NFL.....they play in Arizona.
The Seattle Seahawks are next up for sale by the sister of the late Paul Allen once Washington State taxation on Lumen Stadium lapse after a few years from now.

A good businessman would definitely pull the plug on a lucrative NFL deal for a money pit like the XFL. It will be 10 years before Red Bird sees a profit. The man is running a business not a charity
If Bezos doesn't get the Commanders, the NFL will want him to get the Seahawks. So why would Gerry go after the Seahawks if Bezos is interested?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:00 pm

His name hasn't been linked to the Commanders and there aren't any other teams up for sale anytime soon (either majority or minority), so it's unlikely he's going to pull the plug on the XFL for an NFL team.

Also, it's Cardinale, not Cardinal. Cardinal is already in the NFL.....they play in Arizona.
The Seattle Seahawks are next up for sale by the sister of the late Paul Allen once Washington State taxation on Lumen Stadium lapse after a few years from now.

A good businessman would definitely pull the plug on a lucrative NFL deal for a money pit like the XFL. It will be 10 years before Red Bird sees a profit. The man is running a business not a charity
If Bezos doesn't get the Commanders, the NFL will want him to get the Seahawks. So why would Gerry go after the Seahawks if Bezos is interested?
Hawks will go for 5B easy by the time May 2024 rolls around (probably even 6, they were at 4.5 in August 2022), can't wait for CFL Truth to demonstrate how a businessman who supposedly can't handle a $15M investment is all the sudden going to go all in on, oh, one north of 33,000% larger.

It'll be good, no lie :mrgreen:
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

The NFL will not just give Bezos the Seahawks because there is a bidding process for the sale. Maybe Cardinale doesn't have the resources to buy a NFL team at this time which is why he is involved in his XFL project
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

MGB01 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:34 pm

Hawks will go for 5B easy by the time May 2024 rolls around (probably even 6, they were at 4.5 in August 2022), can't wait for CFL Truth to demonstrate how a businessman who supposedly can't handle a $15M investment is all the sudden going to go all in on, oh, one north of 33,000% larger.

It'll be good, no lie :mrgreen:
it's about switching brands. Which would you rather have a low end, no name brand(XFL) from the Dollar Tree or the finest product(NFL) from Nordstrom. Go with the well known brand. I doubt Cardinale frequents the Dollar Tree since he hit the big money
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

Joker wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:38 am
DavedaHammer wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:12 pm Look for Cardinal to bail on the league since he now has a money making deal with the NFL. It's the closest thing as getting a NFL team that Cardinal would've gotten which was the plan along
This is a straight up troll job. Ignore this response.
You can't handle a dissenting opinion and you dismiss me as a troll. You want to ignore me because you have nothing else to counter with. You must've been captain of your high school debate team

The writing on the wall for the XFL. It's not looking good no matter how Dwayne and Dany spin it to make the XFL fans believe it
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

The XFL is already coming back for 2024, which isn't surprising. I was surprised at the length of the deal with ESPN, as I would have went with the approach of a two year deal with the last three years as option years, but they went with a five year TV contract.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

DavedaHammer wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:22 pm
You can't handle a dissenting opinion and you dismiss me as a troll. You want to ignore me because you have nothing else to counter with. You must've been captain of your high school debate team

The writing on the wall for the XFL. It's not looking good no matter how Dwayne and Dany spin it to make the XFL fans believe it
Looks to me like you're just doing the same thing you did there. Especially when you've complained that ESPN is sabotaging the CFL and it would have a million and a half viewers easily on CBS or wherever.

In other words, you've got nothing. Took you a while to admit it but better late I guess.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

DavedaHammer wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:22 pm You can't handle a dissenting opinion and you dismiss me as a troll. You want to ignore me because you have nothing else to counter with. You must've been captain of your high school debate team

You don't have dissenting opinions, you have alternative facts. Maybe you can go work on the Donald Trump campaign; you'd fit right in there.

So yes, you are a troll. Begone!
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:58 pm
DavedaHammer wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:22 pm You can't handle a dissenting opinion and you dismiss me as a troll. You want to ignore me because you have nothing else to counter with. You must've been captain of your high school debate team

You don't have dissenting opinions, you have alternative facts. Maybe you can go work on the Donald Trump campaign; you'd fit right in there.

So yes, you are a troll. Begone!
You know the CFL actually had a president named Donald Crump back in the early 90s (I'm sure Hammer knows all about it), you think maybe.......................?

Eh probably not, besides he was big into his alias John Barron at that point--and Mr. Crump died back in like 2011.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

MGB01 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:11 pm
DavedaHammer wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:22 pm

Looks to me like you're just doing the same thing you did there. Especially when you've complained that ESPN is sabotaging the CFL and it would have a million and a half viewers easily on CBS or wherever.

In other words, you've got nothing. Took you a while to admit it but better late I guess.
No. You're wrong and can't accept another idea that is opposite to your view. It's free speech and should be tolerated in a free and democratic society. Without debate, you might as well shut down sites like this.

ESPN did sabotage CFL presence by burying the league on ESPN+ without any promotion of the CFL on it's main channels during the summer while STILL shilling the NFL in it's offseason. Look for the CFL to have a new US TV deal with two networks "soon" with "meaningful" money payment)anything more than $200,000 what ESPN paid the CFL) coming to the league. Meanwhile the XFL never truly announced the financial details of it's deal with ESPN. The CFL could break the million views threshold in the US market if it properly promoted by the broadcast partner. The CFL game is better than the boring, run oriented, time consuming 4 down football. American football fans are bright individuals that will notice the difference despite where the football is played.

I will always have something to post. See you later