RBC and NFL sign deal on Sunday Ticket Out-of-Home

XFL Football discussion.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Re: RBC and NFL sign deal on Sunday Ticket Out-of-Home

Post by DavedaHammer »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:58 pm
DavedaHammer wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:22 pm You can't handle a dissenting opinion and you dismiss me as a troll. You want to ignore me because you have nothing else to counter with. You must've been captain of your high school debate team

The writing on the wall for the XFL. It's not looking good no matter how Dwayne and Dany spin it to make the XFL fans believe it
You don't have dissenting opinions, you have alternative facts. Maybe you can go work on the Donald Trump campaign; you'd fit right in there.

So yes, you are a troll. Begone!
I don't want to turn this into a political mess. But, it's the GOP that has invented the usage of alternative facts. See KAC. I ain't her.

But, look what Cardinale said about not having a commissioner.. A professional sports league needs a commissioner for legitimacy, leadership and for operation of said league. If MLB didn't hire Kennisaw Mountain Landis as it's first commissioner after the Black Sox scandal, MLB would have folded as the viewing Public would've seen the league as corrupt.

I ain't going anywhere. I like it here, so I'm staying
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

A commissioner exists to make owners money period (and Randy Ambrosie might want to start updating the resume since it's just about that time).

And could you really do better than a 100+ year old example? Sheesh
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Russ Brandon might not be a commissioner in title, but he's a defacto commissioner even though his title is President of the USFL. The USFL has the same with Darryl Johnston, who's official title is Vice President of Football Operations, but is essentially the commissioner of the USFL.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

MGB01 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:05 pm A commissioner exists to make owners money period (and Randy Ambrosie might want to start updating the resume since it's just about that time).

And could you really do better than a 100+ year old example? Sheesh
That century old example is a precedent, a benchmark. Something the XFL has never utilized by hiring a league commissioner

A commissioner also takes the slings and arrows of public criticism, deflects attentions that some owners don't want. It's committees that decide on money making ventures, not the sole duty of a commissioner